[Q&A] [APP] Official ViPER4Android Audio Effects (FX v2.3.3.0) - New Features!

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [APP] Official ViPER4Android Audio Effects (FX v2.3.3.0) - New Features!

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer. Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :smile:

Pasimpalad

May 25, 2014
Bacolod
www.ello.co
Best Output

Very good work zhuhang like I always said for me V4A is the best sound mod :D I'm very happy now with the official release :D continue developving and doing things like V4A Mod.

jeremymolina.
Install Viper first (HiFi results), then Voodoo Sound from Play Store (Volumes increased), lastly, install Dolby Digital Plus (Surround Sound). These three will work great and will give you the best music experience everrrr!!!

mgxer

Jul 30, 2010
I'm trying to install V4A, but there is no "music effects" under sound settings. (also, i could not locate the specified lines under build.prop - but the instructions say to skip the step if i cannot find it).
I tried installing "MusicFX" via PlayStore as it was suggested as a solution in another thread, but I still don't have this setting option.
Any suggestions on how to fix it?

I try to install in on an S3 mini with this ROM:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2280401

Thanks.

iriedawta

Sep 4, 2014
viper4 and 5 with oogle play music

I was trying o reply to another guys post but was redirected to here. I have the same problem the app was working great since July but then it lost its equalizer settings in google music player. I mean, the whole equalizer settings is grayed out when Bluetooth headset is connected. the sound from it now sounds horrible. i have tried to uninstall it and reinstall it. put it into fx compatibility mode . restarted everything it still is grayed out. how do i fix this. i have changed nothing on the phone. google music player updated and it was like this after that. the speaker and headphones work fine but the bluetooth headset sound doesnt work anymore..:(

shegeloaf

Jun 9, 2014
sydney
That is right. The website is still down for some reason. Can someone please upload viper4 on the site?

StevenMashima

Aug 21, 2013
I cant find modified kernel for nexus 4 lollipop to get V4A working.. this is the only reason i back to kitkat. anyone have link?

clopezloud

Apr 24, 2014
Soyabronx
I have an issue... Sort of. V4A doesn't process the audio in tunein. Or an music oriented app must have an option that invokes the system audio processor in this case v4a, because tunein doesn't have a related option?

jadow5354

Oct 18, 2014
i got a Note 4, and have a similar problem, but mine is with Spotify. V4A was working perfectly on S4 same software versions for Spotify and V4A. I've been trying all sorts to get it to work, but no joy. The thing is it works fine on Google Music, so i know it works on the Note 4, just don't know why it doesn't work on Spotify.

i posted this issue on this thread, but no solution yet.

http://xdaforums.com/note-4-tmobile/themes-apps/app-viper4android-fx-t2907017

im hoping whatever solution you have to fix your problem, will fix mine too...

Thanks in advance!

GJSmith3rd

May 6, 2008
Chicago
OnePlus 8
I have a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Light SGH-T399, rooted, running Metro PCS SGH-T399N Kit Kat 4.4.2, Xposed and Wanum. I installed the latest Stericson Busy Box v1.22.1 to system/xbin and it works from Terminal Emulator. I installed VA4 to /system/priv-app and rebooted but VA4 reports a problem with busy box and cannot install drivers. Any suggestions welcome.

Main app page says use V4A FX v2.2.3.0 on android 2.3-4.4 and V4A XHIFI v2.1.0.2-1 on android 2.3-4.3. Is this still correct? Do I need to use FX on kit kat 4.4.2?

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

I have a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Light SGH-T399, rooted, running Metro PCS SGH-T399N Kit Kat 4.4.2, Xposed and Wanum. I installed the latest Stericson Busy Box v1.22.1 to system/xbin and it works from Terminal Emulator. I installed VA4 to /system/priv-app and rebooted but VA4 reports a problem with busy box and cannot install drivers. Any suggestions welcome.

Main app page says use V4A FX v2.2.3.0 on android 2.3-4.4 and V4A XHIFI v2.1.0.2-1 on android 2.3-4.3. Is this still correct? Do I need to use FX on kit kat 4.4.2?

Looks like I needed version 2.3.3.0 because installed it, rebooted, and now I have V4A notification and the driver installed successfully. Rebooting...

No good, keeps asking to install driver after each reboot...

Last edited:

GJSmith3rd

May 6, 2008
Chicago
OnePlus 8
I'm not having any luck installing V4A on my Samsung, rooted, KK device. I get the install driver loop which has been attributed to an incomplete root. Can anyone recommend a similar or alternative app? :cool:

xixopk

Nov 5, 2014
I cant install v4a driver. When I touch on install/uptdate it says that busybox is not installed and check my device is rooted. Help???
My device is root (superSU) and busybox installed.

Jasonx7

Nov 5, 2014
Its work really well in my LG p715 L7ii
I use my earphone from my LG usually its sound flat and minimum bass, after i use viper DDC setting in V4A FX i change it until i found the perfect one for me i really love this app fitures make my cheap earphone and smartphone better lolXD

i hope for some improvemnt in the future thoughXD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Best Output

Very good work zhuhang like I always said for me V4A is the best sound mod :D I'm very happy now with the official release :D continue developving and doing things like V4A Mod.

jeremymolina.
    Install Viper first (HiFi results), then Voodoo Sound from Play Store (Volumes increased), lastly, install Dolby Digital Plus (Surround Sound). These three will work great and will give you the best music experience everrrr!!!
    problem installing viper4android HTC one max

im sure its great if it would install...
    Go to viper settings select compatible mode and restart. See if it picks up.

The results varies based on ROM. It is advisable to post in this official thread.

The Dev listens quickly here. Post same previous screenshots to explain.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app
    Is Selinuxmodechanger a must for moto g?

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app
    Sorry I don't have a moto g to test this, but first you can install V4A and if the audio enhancement doesn't work then you may try Selinux to change the mode and reinstall V4A drivers.:good:
    Just wondering if this is compatible with Galaxy S4 optimized CM12 5.0.2 By Antaresone ?

Google the "viper4android material", it has the new material design,as well as better compatibility with lollipop.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda Forum