[Q&A] [ROM][UPDATE][XOLO Q800/FLY IQ446] ProjectDoge v1.0.5

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [ROM][UPDATE][XOLO Q800/FLY IQ446] ProjectDoge v1.0.5

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [ROM][UPDATE][XOLO Q800/FLY IQ446] ProjectDoge v1.0.5. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

Mirage_

Dec 15, 2014
Been using this ROM for almost a month now.
Its a great one, really loved it! But there are some bugs still as well, like sometimes "soft reboots" for no particular reason.

Also, every time I shut down and on the device, all the icons on the home screen get jumbled up or automatically vanish. Any idea why?
(Soft rebooting again seems to restore the icons as it was previously btw)

The OTA Update always shows an error as well : "Invalid ROM ID(dogemod-1.0.1)". Can't check for updates, or anything.

Other than that, the ROM is so far so good. :') My best wishes with the team to any more of their endeavours!

~Mirage.

Mirage_

Dec 15, 2014
Been using this ROMther almost a month now.
Its a great one, really loved it! But there are some bugs still as well, like sometimes "soft reboots" for no particular reason.

Also, every time I shut down and on the device, all the icons on the home screen get jumbled up or automatically vanish. Any idea why?
(Soft rebooting again seems to restore the icons as it was previously btw)

The OTA Update always shows an error as well : "Invalid ROM ID(dogemod-1.0.1)". Can't check for updates, or anything.

Other than that, the ROM is so far so good. :') My best wishes with the team to any more of their endeavours!

~Mirage.

Any light on this guys? still dealing with the same probs.

Dilipkumar N

Mar 5, 2015
how to make xolo Q800 to dogemod update

Hi
I am new to this things, i want root my phone But there are given few below instructions to update xolo Q800.
Instructions
-Download zip and place in SDcard
-Goto Recovery (TWRP Recommended)
-Wipe cache, Dalvik Cache, Factory Reset, System, Android Secure
-Install Zip and follow Instructions accordingly
-Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache
-Reboot and be patient rom might take upto 3 minutes to boot for the 1st time.
-Cheerz

i am not understanding this instructions
ok i downloaded the zip and Placed in the SD card after i didn't know where to go recovery (TWRP Recommended) and
-Wipe cache, Dalvik Cache, Factory Reset, System, Android Secure
-Install Zip and follow Instructions accordingly
-Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache
Please can you send image orhow to update xolo Q800 to dogemod.
thankyou

SumeetR

Jul 5, 2014
Mumbai
Home Screen and App Drawer Icons appears larger.

Please let me know how can I resize the icons from app drawer and home screen.

Domovoi0ng

Oct 21, 2015
Bricked muh xolo

hey man, i messed up my xolo 800 with internal memory partitioning and project doge, could you help me out? Gets stuck on cyanogen boot screen and PC not detecting it for SP flash tool. I changed the internal memory before installing doge.