[Q&A] [ROM] [LOLLIPOP] Unofficial CyanogenMod 12 for Galaxy Ace 3 LTE (GT-S7275)

Search This thread

kotzir

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 9, 2013
Thessaloniki
Xiaomi Mi 8
I have build from 10 October, I should make a clean install? If i installed kernel, CM would work faster?

Well, you should read some stuff, before flashing custom roms and so on. You try simply installing the zip without any wipes, but you might face some issues. A kernel is an essential part of android and in general of an OS, you can't boot without it. The builds are shipped with stock kernel without any modifications, the custom one has all the good stuff like overclocking

Reactions: MrAdubal

SOADNICK

Nov 5, 2013
Amaliada
Some questions regarding the custom kernel:
1) Does the OC to 1.7GHz affect the battery?
2) Does the kernel remain untouched after a clean ROM installation? I mean, if I flash the custom kernel, and then do a clean install of CM, I will have to install the kernel again?
3) Since it's a .zip that means, I have to install it via TWRP and not Odin, right?

Also a question about baseband, on the main thread you have quoted this:
NOTE:
If you have problems with calls make sure to have the latest baseband! Thanks @maximianu for the investigation.
Original post
I have some long-standing problems with calls quite often, when I receive a call, I don't :p
I mean, someone calls me, and nothing appears on my phone, they hear that I have my device shut down or "connection failure".
The problem is easily fixed by enabling and disabling flight mode. Does the baseband update fix this? I maybe catlog the problem the next time I realise I don't receive calls.

kotzir

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 9, 2013
Thessaloniki
Xiaomi Mi 8
Some questions regarding the custom kernel:
1) Does the OC to 1.7GHz affect the battery?
2) Does the kernel remain untouched after a clean ROM installation? I mean, if I flash the custom kernel, and then do a clean install of CM, I will have to install the kernel again?
3) Since it's a .zip that means, I have to install it via TWRP and not Odin, right?

Also a question about baseband, on the main thread you have quoted this:

I have some long-standing problems with calls quite often, when I receive a call, I don't :p
I mean, someone calls me, and nothing appears on my phone, they hear that I have my device shut down or "connection failure".
The problem is easily fixed by enabling and disabling flight mode. Does the baseband update fix this? I maybe catlog the problem the next time I realise I don't receive calls.

1) Of course overclocking affects the battery.
2) After a clean installation you need to flash custom kernel via Twrp, because builds include stock kernel.
I don't have issues with calls, latest AML1 Baseband :)

Sent from my GT-S7275R

Reactions: SOADNICK

MNorbert92

Mar 3, 2015
Enquiry

Heyy
I have Ace 3 S7275R with S7275RXXUANF1 baseband. I have tried the CM11 and then the CM12 in the beggining of the year but both of them had reboot issues 2-3 times a day (I suppose it happened because of the wifi) . It drove me crazy so I decided to install back the touchwiz software.
I am interested again to install back the CM12.1 because as I see it's ready for daily use, BUT I would like to ask (i don't want to waste days for this) how stable it is, and before I do the upgrade, should I install another baseband to work the CM 12.1 properly? How about the camera software? It was so poor in March with no settings. My dad has Coolpad Porto phone with 5.1 Android and the camera is so good. It has so much setting in the software :)
I hope it is possible to install the CM12.1 on my phone which has not reboot issues.

Thanks in advance!

zh_eco

Jun 18, 2015
Theres a problem , when I disable high-end effects visual , system ui bug return ,high-end effects are battery waste so I don't need them , also the battery draining super fast like never before because KSM in enable ,I'm running on stock kernel , stock build.prop , latest update 20151103 .

Attachments

• 1446790582803.jpg
    1446790582803.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 145
  • 1446790599225.jpg
    1446790599225.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

tolong_saye

Oct 16, 2012
the crash on whatsapp still occurred.. anyone who have this problem? random app crash?

and audio fx crash after booting..everytime

Last edited:

[St.]

Dec 29, 2013
Christchurch
Theres a problem , when I disable high-end effects visual , system ui bug return ,high-end effects are battery waste so I don't need them , also the battery draining super fast like never before because KSM in enable ,I'm running on stock kernel , stock build.prop , latest update 20151103 .

It's really difficult to believe that you're on stock everything.

With:

A - No logs
B - Your post history being riddled with modifications
and
C - Your past history of being a complete **** to the maintainer and others in the community

I'm really wondering what it is that makes you think that anyone cares?

bomber39

Apr 3, 2015
on the camera is not avaible the zoom (neither on the googlecam)
i have sometimes reboot when i am conncted on a wifi connection... other times when i am connected on the mobile connectio (2g) too.

Is there the possibility to deactivate the sensors? when i have my mobile in a poket i don't receive the pop-up of a notification.
thanks!

[St.]

Dec 29, 2013
Christchurch
Archive

Hey guys,

I thought I would just post a reminder here for anyone who might want any of the old builds, for whatever reason.

I have, over time, managed to accidentally archive a fairly comprehensive list of files for the Galaxy Ace 3.
You can see the list of files here. I believe that it is every build of CyanogenMod for the Ace 3 to date [Tue Nov 17 14:28:45 NZDT 2015], along with BlissPop, Resurrection Remix, ClockworkMod Recovery, Team Win Recovery Project, ...well, the list is there. Have a look. :)

In total there's about ~30GB of files there. About ~25GB of that is CyanogenMod 11.0, 12.0, 12.1, and 13.0 files with the remaining ~5GB or so split up between recoveries, the other ROMs I mentioned, a few other assorted files (PIT, Odin), and some factory images for the GT-S7275T TNZ.

If anyone wants any of this for any reason, they should shoot me a message.

[Saint]

Last edited:

Aussie_Dude

May 26, 2011
Melbourne
Been using a GT-S7275Y that was locked to telstra australia, on vodafone now.
With stock rom everything works out of the box but with lollipop I can't work out how to fix the MMS problem.
I've tried every possible APN but nothing to do, can be the radio?
Suggestions are very apreciated.
Cheers

How did you unlock it from Telstra? Did you pay them or did you unlock by some other method?

Zakariasz

Jun 27, 2011
Oxford
I have just installed the latest update,rom as always so far so good the problem is when I install gapps,I always using pico so I didn't used any other then that,unfortunately I cannot get other apps to work,Facebook is getting stuck and after info not responding just going off the screen,googla maps exactly the same I am using my phone really to use FB and SatNav via Google maps and they not working,anyone else has similar problem or I have done something wrong ?

Rackdos

Sep 21, 2016
Stuck in blue logo

I had the 6.0 custom rom on my galaxy ace 3, but i want this rom, because i read that it is not rooted, and i want to play pokemon :D so i wiped everything it says here, flash the rom and the gaps. but when i reboot it stucks in the blue logo, what can i do? i flashed the 6.0 again and it worked, but i want this rom. thanks very much

Oct 3, 2015
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some informations please (in the last update 2016 08 26)
-Can we zoom in any app camera ?
- Is sometimes the phone reboot itself ? when it is overwhelmed for example
- Is there any force close ?
- Is all Gapps work ?
- Is system crash ?

I'm wondering this, because in previous version it could be happened.
Thank you in advance for your answers

ps: I'm sorry for the mistakes, my English is not very good.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unfortunately there are 2 kind of users. Those who require things and those who ask for things kindly. But you do not take into consideration some facts. For example, this is not my job. I don't get paid for my work, and I am very grateful for those who have donated to me :) I do the best I can. I have devoted very much of my free time to both projects from the beginning. What about lollipop I have to mention that it is buggy from Google with all those memory leaks and so on. Comparing to KitKat it is much more heavier. You can ask for features and improvements but you can't require them. I began to work blindly, without knowing a thing, but with lots of help from recognized developers I managed to make custom ROMs, TWRP for our little unsupported and forgotten Galaxy.

PS: It has been a lot of time since last update due to my examing period...
    Thanks for understanding!!

Sent from my GT-S7275R
    What on Earth makes you think it is acceptable to make such comments, without even waiting 24 hours I might add.

Be patient.

No one is getting paid for this, so you might want to tone down your feelings of entitlement a few notches.

The source code for this project is made freely available by kotzir, if you want these things done in a specific timeframe you are more than welcome to do it yourself. If you are unable or unwilling to do so, or if you think your time is more valuable than kotzir's, then I humbly request you adjust your attitude.

Both the ROM offered here, and support from the developer and other volunteers is a privilege, not a right. Have some respect please.
    Hello zh_echo!

Could you share your voltage settings?
    I would be very grateful! :)

Of course ...

----------My Voltage Table----------

162MHz --700mV
    270MHz --700mV
    384MHz --750mV
    486MHz --800mV
    594MHz --825mV
    702MHz --850mV
    810MHz --850mV
    918MHz --900mV
    1026MHz --925mV
    1134MHz --950mV
    1188MHz --1025mV
    1242MHz --1075mV
    1350MHz --1100mV
    1458MHz --1100mV
    1566MHz --1100mV
    1674MHz --1125mV
    1728MHz --1125mV

--------------------------------------------------
    I was working on my own voltage table and I took a week to get the best table for battery life and performance and stability .
    I'm using this table until more then a week , and I didn't face any random reboots or any problems .
    So it's STABLE right now ..
    If you had any problems just tell me.

I'm using Nova Launcher v3.3 the old version .

for my phone , because cm12.1 launcher still crash every 2 or 3 day's , and have some bugs .
    Nova launcher the old version is very smooth and lightweight and very customize , don't update to the newer version ! Because it's not as smooth as the old , and its slow for our phone , download the old version now !

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2wgnpC487hfT0NBUVRtcE4wQVU

And its very easy to upgrade to prime , here is what you need .

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2wgnpC487hfbVl5QXVrQmFfRjQ

Just make disable error reporting in launcher settings and now everything is OK .

I will share some guide's for better performance , stability , battery life .. As soon as possible .

Thanks everyone ! :)

Sent from my GT-S7275R using XDA Free mobile app
    Very good work! :)
    But one more question :
    The Home button still does not bring the phone from standby ?
    If the fixed ?

The patch will be merged very soon from CM team.
    Archive

Hey guys,

I thought I would just post a reminder here for anyone who might want any of the old builds, for whatever reason.

I have, over time, managed to accidentally archive a fairly comprehensive list of files for the Galaxy Ace 3.
    You can see the list of files here. I believe that it is every build of CyanogenMod for the Ace 3 to date [Tue Nov 17 14:28:45 NZDT 2015], along with BlissPop, Resurrection Remix, ClockworkMod Recovery, Team Win Recovery Project, ...well, the list is there. Have a look. :)

In total there's about ~30GB of files there. About ~25GB of that is CyanogenMod 11.0, 12.0, 12.1, and 13.0 files with the remaining ~5GB or so split up between recoveries, the other ROMs I mentioned, a few other assorted files (PIT, Odin), and some factory images for the GT-S7275T TNZ.

If anyone wants any of this for any reason, they should shoot me a message.

[Saint]