[Q] [QUESTION] How to create a KDZ file?

OP romulocarlos

11th July 2014, 04:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Belo Horizonte
Thanks Meter: 12

108 posts
More
Good night!

This thread is a "2 questions", really.

I have a D685, know as LG G Pro Lite Dual. I want to try make a custom ROM, but, for now, this model don't have a recovery to flash ROMs, or CWM. It don't have bootloader (wich is locked) or fastboot mode. All it have is a stock recovery, which is nothing but and android opened (the keys do nothing), and a "download mode".

The only ways to flash a ROM into this phone is using LG Mobile Tools (the offline method) in download mode, or official LG Program. With the offline method, we flash a file with a KDZ extension.

I can extract it, it give me a CAB file. When extracted, I have 2 files: a DLL and a BIN file, instead a .DZ or .WDB file. I can't find a program/way/thread to extract the BIN file... anyway to do this?

The intention is get the system.img (or whatever) inside the BIN, cook it, and reflash it. Then, you ask: "How to reflash, if this device don't have a recovery?"

Well, this is my second question! If I can create the KDZ file, maybe I can "integrate" the system.img into the KDZ, and flash using the offline method!

By this way, maybe we can have a recovery and boot images, too... If the BIN file have them, maybe we can cook boot and recovery, too... maybe... All depends what is inside the BIN file, and of course, if we can create or recreate the KDZ and flash it.

Any tips for these questions?

Thanks!

EDIT: we have root, at least. Tried to get boot and recovery with MTK Droid Tools, but the phone don't boot. It gives a security error just after turns on..
Last edited by romulocarlos; 11th July 2014 at 04:36 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread