[Question] What ROMs are compatible with Philips S388?

OP monotykamary

24th August 2014, 07:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I'm thinking of purchasing a Philips S388, but I realized that there aren't many custom ROMs for the phone. I was wondering if any ROMs are compatible with it. If not, will there ever be custom ROM support for the device?
24th August 2014, 09:34 AM   |  #2  
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 11,226

14,653 posts
Donate to Me
More
No. There aren't any. Only way there will be is if you go and make one. Roms are made by people that have the device and after looking there is no kernel source for the device and without it there is not much that can be done.
24th August 2014, 10:41 AM   |  #3  
Flag Burgenland
Thanks Meter: 640

577 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monotykamary

I'm thinking of purchasing a Philips S388, but I realized that there aren't many custom ROMs for the phone. I was wondering if any ROMs are compatible with it. If not, will there ever be custom ROM support for the device?

AFAIK this device has a MT6582 SoC. And I know that porting between 2 same mediatek devices is very easy. So search on Google for such a device with same SoC and port its ROMs. Here is a simple guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2701283
If you have any question, comment below!
24th August 2014, 10:50 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDroid

AFAIK this device has a MT6582 SoC. And I know that porting between 2 same mediatek devices is very easy. So search on Google for such a device with same SoC and port its ROMs. Here is a simple guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2701283
If you have any question, comment below!

Will do! Thank you so much!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread