Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,143 Members 54,532 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Question] What ROMs are compatible with Philips S388?

Tip us?

monotykamary
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Question] What ROMs are compatible with Philips S388?

I'm thinking of purchasing a Philips S388, but I realized that there aren't many custom ROMs for the phone. I was wondering if any ROMs are compatible with it. If not, will there ever be custom ROM support for the device?

zelendel
Old
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 11,139

DONATE TO ME
No. There aren't any. Only way there will be is if you go and make one. Roms are made by people that have the device and after looking there is no kernel source for the device and without it there is not much that can be done.

If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly

GeekyDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by monotykamary View Post
I'm thinking of purchasing a Philips S388, but I realized that there aren't many custom ROMs for the phone. I was wondering if any ROMs are compatible with it. If not, will there ever be custom ROM support for the device?
AFAIK this device has a MT6582 SoC. And I know that porting between 2 same mediatek devices is very easy. So search on Google for such a device with same SoC and port its ROMs. Here is a simple guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2701283
If you have any question, comment below!

monotykamary
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDroid View Post
AFAIK this device has a MT6582 SoC. And I know that porting between 2 same mediatek devices is very easy. So search on Google for such a device with same SoC and port its ROMs. Here is a simple guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2701283
If you have any question, comment below!
Will do! Thank you so much!