[Q] Problem with Go Backup - Can't restore apps. Please help us.

OP holocoz

4th October 2012, 05:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
So this is what happened.

I backed up all my apps using Go Backup, so there's now about 500MB worth of files all waiting to be restored. The reason I did the backup was that I was to flash a new ROM, which I did.

However, upon reinstalling Go Backup, I found that it doesn't recognize my backed up files anymore compared to the previous days I used it. Researching about the issue I soon realized that the problem is encountered my numerous people, all of whom losing their files because of Go Backup's inability to recognize files from their last update.

I tried installing Pro and the previous versions, but it wasn't successful.

Yes, I can install the apk files one by one, but that would be quite a hassle whenever I'd flash a new ROM. Anyone can help us on this one?

Thank you so much.

EDIT: So I tried reinstalling each apk with their corresponding tar files. Turns out there are some that can't be installed, the games. Agent Dash and Subway Surfr apks, for instance, would give me the message: there was a problem parsing the package. I guess I need Go Backup after all.
Last edited by holocoz; 4th October 2012 at 06:08 PM. Reason: clarification
5th October 2012, 03:30 AM   |  #2  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 321

984 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by holocoz

I backed up all my apps using Go Backup, so there's now about 500MB worth of files all waiting to be restored. The reason I did the backup was that I was to flash a new ROM, which I did.

However, upon reinstalling Go Backup, I found that it doesn't recognize my backed up files anymore compared to the previous days I used it. Researching about the issue I soon realized that the problem is encountered my numerous people, all of whom losing their files because of Go Backup's inability to recognize files from their last update.

Yes, I can install the apk files one by one, but that would be quite a hassle whenever I'd flash a new ROM. Anyone can help us on this one?

Thank you so much.

EDIT: So I tried reinstalling each apk with their corresponding tar files. Turns out there are some that can't be installed, the games. Agent Dash and Subway Surfr apks, for instance, would give me the message: there was a problem parsing the package. I guess I need Go Backup after all.

I've faced this before and i lost a lot of data because of Go backup. I was forced to move to a much better alternative such as MyBackup Pro or if you're rooted then you can use Titanium Backup no backup application can beat Titanium!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karanrajpal14 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th October 2012, 09:16 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Yeah, in the end I had to abandon my save files.

I'll make it a point to use TB from now on. Thanks.
6th October 2012, 07:21 PM   |  #4  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 321

984 posts
More
You're welcome mate be careful next time!
23rd October 2012, 08:54 PM   |  #5  

1 posts
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by holocoz

Thank you so much.

Hey I think I found a fix for ya. I just went through the same thing. I flashed a ROM and boom! I can't update jack even though all my data was on my external sd card. Uber gay. But here's a quick step by step:
1. Download and load gobackup
2. Make a backup of anything at all. It can be 1k of stuff for all i care.
3. Go to gobackup and check the settings you should see the file path (or something similar to it) /storage/sdcard0/GObackup/Allbackup
4. In any event check the path (this/that/sdcard/blahblahblah...) and make sure you have that Allbackup at the end. That's why you did step 2 is to get that folder loaded.
5. However you'd like, I used root explorer to copy and paste it, or you can simply use the USB funtion, but find the gobackup file in your external sd, pick out your backup and place it in the Allbackup folder mentioned in steps 3 and 4. And voila! Open gobackup and it'll be there. I hope it works for you to.
19th May 2013, 09:43 AM   |  #6  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 4

73 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroux3

Hey I think I found a fix for ya. I just went through the same thing. I flashed a ROM and boom! I can't update jack even though all my data was on my external sd card. Uber gay. But here's a quick step by step:
1. Download and load gobackup
2. Make a backup of anything at all. It can be 1k of stuff for all i care.
3. Go to gobackup and check the settings you should see the file path (or something similar to it) /storage/sdcard0/GObackup/Allbackup
4. In any event check the path (this/that/sdcard/blahblahblah...) and make sure you have that Allbackup at the end. That's why you did step 2 is to get that folder loaded.
5. However you'd like, I used root explorer to copy and paste it, or you can simply use the USB funtion, but find the gobackup file in your external sd, pick out your backup and place it in the Allbackup folder mentioned in steps 3 and 4. And voila! Open gobackup and it'll be there. I hope it works for you to.

I tried but it didnt work
24th May 2013, 01:05 PM   |  #7  

19 posts
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSeraphiel

I tried but it didnt work

didn't work for me either.
I can see it all mnt/emmc/gobackup/allbackup/newbackup

this is the path the app refers to at its base - but cannot restore from it
4th June 2013, 09:55 PM   |  #8  
Flag Rasht

6 posts
More
guys does not worket for me either im so mad right now!!!!
all of my contacts and sms and all other thing is gone
but i find my prev back up on dropbox
its working but its my old back up and i need my last back up
this app is bull ****!!!!!!
29th August 2013, 03:05 PM   |  #9  
Flag Warsaw

13 posts
More
Same problem, but I won't give up without fight.
Anyway, I tried to change permissions, add exceptions in system files, format card - non of this helped. Still Go Backup is useless in every way. Here are some screenshots, maybe they will help someone solve this problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-08-29 13.53.14.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	2221196   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-08-29 12.06.42.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	2221197   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-08-29 12.06.38.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	2221198  
13th September 2013, 11:35 PM   |  #10  
Mashhadrizeh
Thanks Meter: 10

16 posts
More
Hi. Finally fix that
after flashing new ROM, i made a new backup (from 1 sms, 1 contact and 1 call log that i make me).
then rename old backup to name of new backup, after delete the new backup in file manager. (Ex. "2013-09-12_16-30-18_sms.dat" to "2013-09-14_02-50-09_sms.dat"
and restore new backup in Go backup that contain old data!

Sorry for my bad Eng

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anishtan32 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread