Require assistance please. Zte Avid Plus Z828 FRP 'd

Search This thread

Yerhope

Apr 28, 2016
So, I got a Zte Avid Plus z828 (t mobile no sim card) that has frp so basically i cant get pass the google account verification screen. I have found a way to get into the settings and enable developer mode without no otg method or apk methods. I simply used the text to speech method where i open the source for that and then open up google and search settings allowing me to access the settings and enable developer mode via build version.
Now here's the problem I can click backup and reset but when i actually click RESET PHONE nothing happens. I can keep on clicking it and nothing will happen it's a button thats just there. I want to enable USB debugging with hopes of using adb shell and wiping the phone that way but i can't even access the developer settings. I click on the developer settings and nothing happens its the same situation with the RESET PHONE option. Why is this occurring? Anyone have any advice as to how i can get around this? I've tried downloading apks that would open the developer settings but it opens for less then a second then instantly closes. I'm new here so i'm not even sure if this is where i was supposed to even post this, sorry if it wasn't the correct place to post this. if you need me to elaborate anymore just ask, i'll gladly do it.

kazador07

May 3, 2008
Hello Friend!! I also have the same problem with this phone. but I have not been able to enter the menu. as you could enter the menu of the z828? Thank you

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Yerhope

Apr 28, 2016
Hello Friend!! I also have the same problem with this phone. but I have not been able to enter the menu. as you could enter the menu of the z828? Thank you

Yeah I'll make a short guide I can try to post screenshots later but for now i'll try my best to guide you to the point where I am.

1. Go through the setup until you get to the google verifying part.
2. Open up your keyboard and hold down the comma to access the gear which will allow you to get into the google keyboard settings.
3. Once you're at the google keyboard settings go to Text Correction.
4. Then go to Personal Dictionary and select English (US) or whatever you have there.
5. Then click on the search button and just type random letters and hit search is what i did to get to this next step.
6.. You should be able to type in the letter "g" and you should see something called google voice typing
7. click that and go to Text-to-speech.
8. Then click the blue gear next to google text to speech
9. click install voice data
10. you should see 3 dots on the top right hand corner open that and click open source licenses
11. once you're at this part just simply hold a line down as if you were going to copy it.
12. you should see about 4 options on what you want to do with that line like copy or share it search it on the web.
13. what you want to do is click search, its the fourth option.
14. delete whatever is on the search and type in settings the option to access the settings should pop up on the bottom as a suggestion.
15. click that and now you're at the settings.

From here on i assume you know how to access the about phone and turn on developer settings but this is the problem you can turn it on but you cant access the developer menu you can just click it and nothing will happen. same for trying to reset the phone from the back up and reset menu.
if anybody knows what the case may be please let me know i'm constantly trying to find the solution to this whenever i have the free time but so far no solution has came up. i am able to download apks by instead of typing in settings on the google search i type in file manager and simply transfer over the apk through my pc onto the phone. that i can do without usb debugging becasue my pc picks the phone up as a portable device.

Yerhope

Apr 28, 2016
I fixed the zte avid plus z828 frp problem!

Dont mean to double post but after a week of trial and error I solved the problem. I bypassed the FRP and Hard resetted the phone. Phone's working 100% now. :) I can probably post a guide somewhere I guess if highly requested.

Feel free to close the thread as the problem is solved
~

ndubuaku

Jun 8, 2015
Dont mean to double post but after a week of trial and error I solved the problem. I bypassed the FRP and Hard resetted the phone. Phone's working 100% now. :) I can probably post a guide somewhere I guess if highly requested.

Feel free to close the thread as the problem is solved
~

Hello yerhope!
from your last report on zte z828 frp bypass, i understood that you finally fix the , not able to access the Developer option nor access the factory reset. I am very keen to know how you did it.
I am a victim of this same circumstance.

Sgod~>

May 13, 2016
Hey, I would like to highly request the tutorial....

Furthermore, I'd like to say I've poured over these sort of sites, rephrased my questions, etcetc all trying to get the same things accomplished, getting past the google password, and yet you with your quick clearly stated actually step by step explanation were the one to get me the farthest in fixing this problem. :highfive:

Reactions: lilshane

digitalchaos1980

Aug 6, 2013
Starke, FL
Are we even sure he did indeed get in? He hasn't been back to post instructions on how to get further. I am having the same issue, and have been trying every way possible. If I get in, I will make sure I post how.

lilshane

Sep 2, 2015
Are we even sure he did indeed get in? He hasn't been back to post instructions on how to get further. I am having the same issue, and have been trying every way possible. If I get in, I will make sure I post how.

can root and remove with gcpro.
thats what i did. with this, even wen u get into settings and tap factory reset, ntn will happen.

xdauser9981

Jul 1, 2016
re: zte z828 resolved problem???

He said he resolved problem but put no feedback so others can benefit, I really doubt he resolved the problem of bypassing or unlocking or rooting his phone, he probably slammed it on the floor and resolved the problem that way. We don't need people like that here. I will try it when I get a zte z828 from someone that has the same problem, I will post feedback if I am successful or not, so by July 15, 2016, I should now if it is possible.

lilshane

Sep 2, 2015
He said he resolved problem but put no feedback so others can benefit, I really doubt he resolved the problem of bypassing or unlocking or rooting his phone, he probably slammed it on the floor and resolved the problem that way. We don't need people like that here. I will try it when I get a zte z828 from someone that has the same problem, I will post feedback if I am successful or not, so by July 15, 2016, I should now if it is possible.
He did get in. I did get in myself but when i tap factory reset nothing happen.
(Security patched)
Maybe he did resolve it like i did.
Root and remove it with gcpro
Thats what i did.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
On some ZTE phones (has worked on 1 but not another for me), you can use the emergency dialer to dial:

*983*987#

This will lead you directly into factory reset options (if it works).

amanvir

Jun 11, 2008
Monrovia
Solution worked on Acer Iconia B1-850 Tablet:cool:
Yeah I'll make a short guide I can try to post screenshots later but for now i'll try my best to guide you to the point where I am.

2. Open up your keyboard and hold down the comma to access the gear which will allow you to get into the google keyboard settings.
4. Then go to Personal Dictionary and select English (US) or whatever you have there.
5. Then click on the search button and just type random letters and hit search is what i did to get to this next step.
6.. You should be able to type in the letter "g" and you should see something called google voice typing
10. you should see 3 dots on the top right hand corner open that and click open source licenses
11. once you're at this part just simply hold a line down as if you were going to copy it.
12. you should see about 4 options on what you want to do with that line like copy or share it search it on the web.
14. delete whatever is on the search and type in settings the option to access the settings should pop up on the bottom as a suggestion.

From here on i assume you know how to access the about phone and turn on developer settings but this is the problem you can turn it on but you cant access the developer menu you can just click it and nothing will happen. same for trying to reset the phone from the back up and reset menu.
if anybody knows what the case may be please let me know i'm constantly trying to find the solution to this whenever i have the free time but so far no solution has came up. i am able to download apks by instead of typing in settings on the google search i type in file manager and simply transfer over the apk through my pc onto the phone. that i can do without usb debugging becasue my pc picks the phone up as a portable device.

o12VOLTSo

Aug 11, 2016
Solution!

So, I got a Zte Avid Plus z828 (t mobile no sim card) that has frp so basically i cant get pass the google account verification screen. I have found a way to get into the settings and enable developer mode without no otg method or apk methods. I simply used the text to speech method where i open the source for that and then open up google and search settings allowing me to access the settings and enable developer mode via build version.
Now here's the problem I can click backup and reset but when i actually click RESET PHONE nothing happens. I can keep on clicking it and nothing will happen it's a button thats just there. I want to enable USB debugging with hopes of using adb shell and wiping the phone that way but i can't even access the developer settings. I click on the developer settings and nothing happens its the same situation with the RESET PHONE option. Why is this occurring? Anyone have any advice as to how i can get around this? I've tried downloading apks that would open the developer settings but it opens for less then a second then instantly closes. I'm new here so i'm not even sure if this is where i was supposed to even post this, sorry if it wasn't the correct place to post this. if you need me to elaborate anymore just ask, i'll gladly do it.

Okay, I spent more time than i care to admit on getting through this frp. I have z3x and a few other utilities and i use them when i can, but i don't honestly lay hands on ZTE very often. Anyway, you do NOT need GC or any other box--

so following the last poster's steps (credit to yerhope):

this is where he leaves off... and where i pick up.

14. Download "quickshortcut maker" apk to your computer (or copy from apk extractor on a phone or any other method..
15. Select z828 in my computer and copy quickshortcut maker to downloads
16. On the phone, after clicking the search button, clear the browser box and type in "file manager" - it will show up just below. select it
17. Go to downloads in the file manager and select quickshortcut maker
18. install the app, blah blah blah
19. Once in the app, search "google account" you will have several pop up
20. Select the one that says "email and password" when you do, it will ask for a password to an account you aren't sure of.
21. click menu on top right - Browser sign in is the option - click it
22. Sign in to your email and account
23. Once you are signed in, press and hold power for a soft reset (restart)
24. Proceed as usual to wifi page and BOOM!
25. Profit. not much though, cuz its still a ZTE.

Arykit

Mar 13, 2015
Lagos
Okay, I spent more time than i care to admit on getting through this frp. I have z3x and a few other utilities and i use them when i can, but i don't honestly lay hands on ZTE very often. Anyway, you do NOT need GC or any other box--

14. Download "quickshortcut maker" apk to your computer (or copy from apk extractor on a phone or any other method..
16. On the phone, after clicking the search button, clear the browser box and type in "file manager" - it will show up just below. select it
20. Select the one that says "email and password" when you do, it will ask for a password to an account you aren't sure of.

Does this mean you have confirmed this on ZTE?

Reactions: jessmanda911

napyhd

Nov 13, 2016
Yerhopes solution worked for my zte lever

Follow yerhopes solution after step 15 while in settings go to backup and reset make sure back up data is off then factory reset erase Everything phone will reboot old owners info gone no need to download anything worked for 2 Zte levers i bought from ebay.

Last edited:

ando_uk

Apr 19, 2009
Bought a EE Jay Tablet (also a ZTE tablet) that had FRP enabled, easiest way I could do it was

1. connect to wifi, get to the previous account required screen.
2. open the keyboard and hold the @ symbol and open the keyboard settings.
3. top right corner press the 3 dots and choose help and type in apps in the search box.
4. access the app settings screen via the link from the help section then goto all and launch settings app
5. enable unknown sources in security and return to app settings screen and launch chrome this time or any browser.
6. goto http://rootjunkysdl.com/files/?dir=Apps and download this file com.sika524.android.quickshortcut.apk
7. you may get a download notification that the file has finished if not go back again to the app settings screen and all again and launch downloads app
8. you will now see the file download open it and install and then open the app
9. in the quick shortcut app search for google account and choose email and password and select try
10. now the google accounts manager has launched, in the top right corner press the 3 dots and choose browser sign-in
11. sign in with a google account and once done it will close and go back to the quick shortcut maker.
12. you still won't have access yet but all I done was reboot the device and continued the setup, this time there was no errors or required sign in and had full access.

Hope this helps someone, this was basically a copy of this video which may be helpful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKdVvBSIb0M

Chevychevellebabe

Mar 2, 2017
Idk wat im doing but watever I do cant make crap any worse so I went under security and theres a place says trusted agents I clicked that and it said google smart lock so I turned it off im hoping this works guys ill let u know

o12VOLTSo

Aug 11, 2016
yes

Does this mean you have confirmed this on ZTE?

I used this method, personally, for zte Avid I believe. Yerhope's solution works for some firmwares prior to firmware i was on. i'm sorry, i do not recall that at this moment as it was some time ago. if Yerhope's solution is not effective for you, then progresss to my steps that pick up right where previous solution left off. so once again, YES, this worked on my device, did not test for others. my understanding is kingo can acquire root access in a special way as well that will allow you to adb clear frp. looking for commands? i do not have them :( sorry.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Solution!

Bought a EE Jay Tablet (also a ZTE tablet) that had FRP enabled, easiest way I could do it was

1. connect to wifi, get to the previous account required screen.
    2. open the keyboard and hold the @ symbol and open the keyboard settings.
    3. top right corner press the 3 dots and choose help and type in apps in the search box.
    4. access the app settings screen via the link from the help section then goto all and launch settings app
    5. enable unknown sources in security and return to app settings screen and launch chrome this time or any browser.
    6. goto http://rootjunkysdl.com/files/?dir=Apps and download this file com.sika524.android.quickshortcut.apk
    7. you may get a download notification that the file has finished if not go back again to the app settings screen and all again and launch downloads app
    8. you will now see the file download open it and install and then open the app
    9. in the quick shortcut app search for google account and choose email and password and select try
    10. now the google accounts manager has launched, in the top right corner press the 3 dots and choose browser sign-in
    11. sign in with a google account and once done it will close and go back to the quick shortcut maker.
    12. you still won't have access yet but all I done was reboot the device and continued the setup, this time there was no errors or required sign in and had full access.

Hope this helps someone, this was basically a copy of this video which may be helpful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKdVvBSIb0M
    Hey, I would like to highly request the tutorial....

Furthermore, I'd like to say I've poured over these sort of sites, rephrased my questions, etcetc all trying to get the same things accomplished, getting past the google password, and yet you with your quick clearly stated actually step by step explanation were the one to get me the farthest in fixing this problem. :highfive: