Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,760 Members 48,113 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] reset battery status (as device has no battery)

Tip us?

psuter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] reset battery status (as device has no battery)

let me say one thing first: i don't want to discuss if resetting the battery status database helps in any way to prolong the battery life of a phone or such, i have a different issue with the battery management under android:

i have taken the guts out of an AN1 Smart Watch and used them as a tiny touch panel in an appliance. in order for it to run without a battery i have connected a little voltage regulator that converts DC12V to DC4V and feeds it right into the + and - Pin of the battery contacts. This way i can start and run the device wihtout any battery in it, which otherwise is not possible when trying to run it from USB power, even though i haven't seen the device pull more than about 300mA at most.

the device turns on and runs just fine, but what's bothering me is, that the battery charge indicator is counting downwards even though the voltage stays constant and obviously notthing really is being discharged since there is no battery.

i don't want to re-insert the battery and run from usb power as the battery will certainly fail within only a few years and i would really like the whole thing to run a bit longer than that.

is there any way i can re-set the battery countdown or disable it entirely? if disabling the simulated drain is not possible, resetting it should be possible while the device is running. i don't want to reboot the thing every day just to reset the battery stats or anything like that.

hope somebody can help me out here.
i currently have the AN1 running to see what's going to happen when it reaches 0% ..

regards
pascal

psuter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by psuter View Post
i currently have the AN1 running to see what's going to happen when it reaches 0% ..
so here is what happened... the battery was constantly "discharged" until it reached 15%. it then showed the "please connect your charger" message but stopped dropping the battery level.

would still be nice though have a possibility to prevent this message from appearing. even though it is not as critical anymore, as the device will be running 24/7, so unless there is a power outage, this message only appears once and that's it.

i have attached a screenshot of the battery statistics with a power supply connected in place of a battery..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	battery.png
Views:	4
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	2924119