Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 40,187 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Resolution panoramic photos

Tip us?

luffy54
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Resolution panoramic photos

Hello

I have a smartphone with a 5mpx camera so it captures pictures with a resolution of 2560*1920, but on panorama mode each piece of picture have a resolution of 640*480, poor when zooming the picture.

I tried a lots of applications but the same conclusion, except ProCapture - camera + panorama which delivers a better quality on panorama mode, but it's still below my expectations, and the quality of the panorama is below the quality of normal photos

example, I took two pictures with camera pro, one with normal mode and the other with the panorama mode, the normal photo has a resolution of 2560*1920 and 4594*789 for panorama photo, logically panorama photo is composed of 4 photos than it should have a resolution of 2560x4 = 10240
either 10240*1920

do you know a camera application that delivers panoramic photos without losing quality?

Aionism
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Well, as far as I can say, there are no apps that I know off about taking panorama photos with the actual resolution.
But a nifty thing can be taking all the photos normally like you would, and then making a panorama out of it on Photoshop.

luffy54
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
ok thank you

but why there is no app that take a panorama photo with the maximum resolution