[Q] Retreive Files from Bootlooped ATM7029

OP hhocker

2nd July 2014, 05:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
This was originally posted over in XDA Assist (Thread over here) but was recommended I post it over here to see if people could help. Pardon the copy paste.

A friend of mine that I gave a tablet to left it in a hot car and now it is bootlooping. She has a bunch of photos and documents that were written on the tablet that she would like to get back. The only trouble is that this tablet is one of those Chinese Action ATM7029 clones with little to no information on the internet about them. I figured out the combos to get into the stock recovery and do have access to SD cards to load recovery images onto it. ADB bridge / debugging was never turned on in the tablet so going into recovery does not create an ADB link. Here are the details:

Device: FastTouch 10" 8gb
Android: 4.2.2
Processor: ATM7029
Memory: 8gb flash / 1gb ram
ADB Enabled: No, USB Debugging was never turned on
Recovery: Accessible, but only stock version
SD Slot: yes, 8 and 32gb SD Cards are available to be used
Computers and Operating systems: I have a Mac with 10.8 with ADK 'installed', access to a windows 7 machine available
(Amazon link to the device: amazon_com/gp/product/B00ECKG0XK/)

Here is what I have done:
1) Got into recovery
2) Tried wiping cache and rebooting, still stuck
3) Tried ADB from a Mac machine, not recognized (ADB was not turned on in tablet)
4) Looked for any sort of recovery for the device. Sketchy possibles, no direct compatible found
5) Posted here.

Here is what I want to do:
1) Get the files off (if possible)
2) Get the device working, even if that requires wiping the files out (if possible)

Can anyone point me to a CWM or TWRP that would work with this device and let me form an ADB link to backup with? Even if the recovery ran out of ramdisk and didn't install that would be enough. I really want to get those files back out before doing dastardly things to the device. Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread