[Q] Rom questions HTC One S S4 S-Off-ed

Search This thread

billyboy2316

Mar 22, 2012
California
Hi everyone. I am totally new at this. I have a HTC One S S4 . It has TWRP 2.7.1.0. The device is also S-Off-ed. Can I run ANY custom rom or does it have to be specifically for the device? I was under the impression. Now that it is S-Off i can run any rom?? I wanted to try the new HTC One rom. IDK if that is ok or not? Any input is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Hi everyone. I am totally new at this. I have a HTC One S S4 . It has TWRP 2.7.1.0. The device is also S-Off-ed. Can I run ANY custom rom or does it have to be specifically for the device? I was under the impression. Now that it is S-Off i can run any rom?? I wanted to try the new HTC One rom. IDK if that is ok or not? Any input is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance

You can run any rom that is specifically stated to work with your phone. If you are updating to a higher version, you might need to flash the appropriate firmware so the radio and touch sensors work properly. So you can't use an HTC One rom, but you can use one that has been ported to your device from it.