Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,333 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rom questions HTC One S S4 S-Off-ed

Tip us?

billyboy2316
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Rom questions HTC One S S4 S-Off-ed

Hi everyone. I am totally new at this. I have a HTC One S S4 . It has TWRP 2.7.1.0. The device is also S-Off-ed. Can I run ANY custom rom or does it have to be specifically for the device? I was under the impression. Now that it is S-Off i can run any rom?? I wanted to try the new HTC One rom. IDK if that is ok or not? Any input is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 514

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy2316 View Post
Hi everyone. I am totally new at this. I have a HTC One S S4 . It has TWRP 2.7.1.0. The device is also S-Off-ed. Can I run ANY custom rom or does it have to be specifically for the device? I was under the impression. Now that it is S-Off i can run any rom?? I wanted to try the new HTC One rom. IDK if that is ok or not? Any input is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance
You can run any rom that is specifically stated to work with your phone. If you are updating to a higher version, you might need to flash the appropriate firmware so the radio and touch sensors work properly. So you can't use an HTC One rom, but you can use one that has been ported to your device from it.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)