Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Root Permission Gone!

OP LockeMishil

9th July 2014, 05:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
So here it goes!

I have this phone, a Cherry Mobile Aeon [ full specs: please find on google. Can't post links yet, apparently. ], and rooted it. It rooted successfully the first time ( with usb debugging enabled and everything. ) and so, as idiotic as I am, I installed CF3D on a JB phone so it ended up bootlooping. And so I data/factory reset it by STOCK RECOVERY then I tried recovering it by ADB but then, everytime I type the su command, it always says UI CONNECT - TIMED OUT or something like that.

And so I've searched Google on why is that happening and found out that it prompts if the device is unrooted!

Now I can't root it back cause I don't have USB Debugging enabled. And I can't get it to the service center because they said that they don't have the software for this phone yet! WHICH IS VERY IDIOTIC!

Please halp.
9th July 2014, 10:32 AM   |  #2  
Flag Android :D
Thanks Meter: 38

168 posts
Donate to Me
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockeMishil

So here it goes!

I have this phone, a Cherry Mobile Aeon [ full specs: please find on google. Can't post links yet, apparently. ], and rooted it. It rooted successfully the first time ( with usb debugging enabled and everything. ) and so, as idiotic as I am, I installed CF3D on a JB phone so it ended up bootlooping. And so I data/factory reset it by STOCK RECOVERY then I tried recovering it by ADB but then, everytime I type the su command, it always says UI CONNECT - TIMED OUT or something like that.

And so I've searched Google on why is that happening and found out that it prompts if the device is unrooted!

Now I can't root it back cause I don't have USB Debugging enabled. And I can't get it to the service center because they said that they don't have the software for this phone yet! WHICH IS VERY IDIOTIC!

Please halp.

Your phone not booting after installing cf3d?
9th July 2014, 08:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell_X

Your phone not booting after installing cf3d?

It's stuck on bootloop.
10th July 2014, 01:10 AM   |  #4  

168 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It's stuck on bootloop.

dont worry
cf3d creates a backup zip which can be flashed if you get bootloop simply boot to cwm recovery and then flash the zip it will be on /sdcard/ something related to cf3d.zip

10th July 2014, 04:58 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
More
Quote:

dont worry
cf3d creates a backup zip which can be flashed if you get bootloop simply boot to cwm recovery and then flash the zip it will be on /sdcard/ something related to cf3d.zip

That's my problem. Since my phone is kinda new on the market and a very remote brand for that matter, I haven't been able to find a CWM that would be compatible on my phone. Which sucks.

And also, I haven't seen that back-up you are saying. I think it is stored on the internal sdcard. :/ Which I cannot access, obvs.
Last edited by LockeMishil; 10th July 2014 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Additional information
11th July 2014, 02:56 AM   |  #6  

168 posts
Donate to Me
More
Lightbulb
Quote:

That's my problem. Since my phone is kinda new on the market and a very remote brand for that matter, I haven't been able to find a CWM that would be compatible on my phone. Which sucks.

And also, I haven't seen that back-up you are saying. I think it is stored on the internal sdcard. :/ Which I cannot access, obvs.

If you have your Rom Backup than flash that?
11th July 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
More
Quote:

If you have your Rom Backup than flash that?

As I was saying, I am only rooted, no cwm, no way of flashing and since I am an idiot. I didn't have back up too. Can you suggest an easy way on porting CWMs though?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread