Ask a question

No registration required

rooted verizon galaxy s3 with 4.4.2 update and possibly unlocked bootloader

OP shootboy_itellyouwhat

20th August 2014, 03:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I have a verizon sch-i535 samsung galaxy s3 that had 4.3 jelly bean and took the 4.4.2 update. I bricked my first phone trying to root and flash because im a complete noon but I got my second one did quite a bit of research and tried it again. Results...downloaded towelroot did the steps became rooted...downloaded supersu success...downloaded busybox installed it in the system/xbin path so far so good...downloaded root toolbox backed up the bootloader image disabled the bootloader the rebooted the phone and I now have an unlocked padlock and "custom" on the first screen....maybe? I then went back to root toolbox rebooted phone into recovery mode and it said no command...rebooted and again padlock and custom appeared but my last two screens that load didnt appear screen was black hit power key and I was on my lock screen. Odd I thought I went into root toolbox a third time booted into download mode in the top left corner it said custom in small blue letters and restarted on its own and yes the padlock and custom was there and still skipped my other two screens before loading.and screen was black. Hit power key and there was my home screen again.....this is only my second attempt to root anything in my life and dont want to brick my phone again...any ideas?
20th August 2014, 04:07 AM   |  #2  
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 40

210 posts
More
Okay, I'm trying to understand. First of all, that padlock with the custom flag shows up after you root, for example. Nothing to worry about.

Are you saying that it's not booting properly? To a black screen?

FYI, if you want to flash any custom ROMs, you will need to use SafeStrap and a compatible ROM since the Verizon bootloader is locked.

Sent from my SCH-I545 running pure AOSP on SS!

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

Also, what exactly are you trying to do? If you just want root, all you have to do is run Towel Root (then dl SuperSU). You wouldnt need to go any further than installing BusyBox.

Sent from my SCH-I545 running pure AOSP on SS!
The Following User Says Thank You to marbertshere For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Info 2
I didnt have the padlock after I rooted it showed up after I downloaded busybox and root toolbox. Root toolbox gives me an option to enable/disable boot animation and when I disable it I reboot it using the tool box and this is what follows.....samsung screen with padlock......then the samsung galaxy 3 screen....then it goes black for a few seconds and then my home screen comes up....went back to root toolbox enabled boot animation rebooted using the app....this time it gives me the samsung padlock screen.....samsung s3 screen .....samsung with active colors around the logo then the red verizon screen and finally my home screen.....
21st August 2014, 03:37 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
That's E=shootboy_itellyouwhat;54946806]I didnt have the padlock after I rooted it showed up after I downloaded busybox and root toolbox. Root toolbox gives me an option to enable/disabVerizon animation and when I disable it I reboot it using the tool box and this is what follows.....samsung screen with padlock......then the samsung galaxy 3 screen....then it goes black for a few seconds and then my home screen comes up....went back to root toolbox enabled boot animation rebooted using the app....this time it gives me the samsung padlock screen.....samsung s3 screen .....samsung with active colors around the logo then the red verizon screen and finally my home screen.....[/QUOTE]

By the way I was wanting to flash a custom Roms. I knew that I could to a certain extent and that's what I was originally going for but now I dont know for sure because I can toggle the verizon screen. Which is whats known as the verizon boot loader right?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread