FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[Q] Run windows on android [Dual Boot]

29 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By gusky651, Junior Member on 27th August 2014, 10:32 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So these days i was googling for a way to really install windows 8 on android tablets. I came over a video about a software called "changemysoftware". It seems it would make your devicea dual boot with windows 8 and android. What do you think? Is this fake?

Link:
http://changemysoftware.org/

31st August 2014, 07:44 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Yes. It is fake.
5th September 2014, 11:51 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinji257

Yes. It is fake.

But theres a video of someone installing it on their Android, it dual boots windows 8 and android, but windows 8 was laggy due to his dual core tab. There were 200+ likes and 20+ dislikes so, seems legit, he also uploaded the program onto ZippyShare so that you didn't have to do the survey, but when I tried it tells me the software is outdated and needs to be updated, so I cant do it unless I update it completing the survey...
6th September 2014, 02:44 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
You do know that it can still be faked right?
6th September 2014, 10:14 AM |#5  
Senior Moderator / Mod. Cttee. Retired - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 14,413

More
Give me half an hour and I'll show you how to install any OS on any device. All that was is a video of something on someone's PC screen.
7th March 2015, 11:16 AM |#6  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Okay, I know this I am late for the talk but I think this is best for future questions. Just to be clear for other people who is confused with this scam.

The program is .NET framework based so I decompiled it with .NET Reflector. I got the source and trust me, there is no ADB related code. It is picture and text popping out. Also if you try to rename one of its .DLL file, it is the text "changemysoftware" spamming around to make hundreds kilobytes file. You might think I'm lying so you better see the source itself, download the attachment.

Note: Reflector failed to decompile it into Visual basic or C# so .IL file is only working. Try to find "ButtonX_Click" event in the Form1.il. Pictures and assets are in the .resources file.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Change My Software 8 Edition.rar - [Click for QR Code] (154.5 KB, 488 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread