Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

S4 clone MTK problem

1st September 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

49 posts
Hi,

I usually read a lot before posting something here but this time I think I am bit overwhelmed . My phone is going for repair to replace it I have this S4 clone. I couldn't install google services because of the shared ID error and that's when I messed up. I kept deleting apps in titanium that I shouldn't and now I face a "little" problem. my google play app opens and immediately closes.

So i figured I should flash some ROM, a thing that I done a lot. Well, not on MTK phones. There are tons of roms for phones that look the same but apparently aren't.

So I need your help.

CPU-z shows my phone as a MTK 6572 and mtk tool as 6589. When I plug it in meda transfer mode it shows 6589 also

I was ready to try and use SP flash but the tutorial said to remove the battery and plug in the phone. But nothing happened.

So If someone can help it would be much appreciated. I can provide every info you need, if I can get to it.

At this point I would be glad just to open google play or add my google account .Oh I forgot to mention that. I don't have the option to add a google account also. I messed up big time

And here I thought I couldn't miss my huawei .

Thanks in advance
[IMG="More info"][/IMG]
Last edited by xixorro; 1st September 2014 at 03:26 PM.
1st September 2014, 03:17 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 4,952

1,793 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixorro

Hi,

I usually read a lot before posting something here but this time I think I am bit overwhelmed . My phone is going for repair to replace it I have this S4 clone. I couldn't install google services because of the shared ID error and that's when I messed up. I kept deleting apps in titanium that I shouldn't and now I face a "little" problem. my google play app opens and immediately closes.

So i figured I should flash some ROM, a thing that I done a lot. Well, not on MTK phones. There are tons of roms for phones that look the same but apparently aren't.

So I need your help.

CPU-z shows my phone as a MTK 6572 and mtk tool as 6589. When I plug it in meda transfer mode it shows 6589 also

I was ready to try and use SP flash but the tutorial said to remove the battery and plug in the phone. But nothing happened.

So If someone can help it would be much appreciated. I can provide every info you need, if I can get to it.

At this point I would be glad just to open google play or add my google account .Oh I forgot to mention that. I don't have the option to add a google account also. I messed up big time

And here I thought I couldn't miss my huawei .

Thanks in advance

Hi

Open cpuz or any other cpu control app and just check how many cpu cores there is.

6572 it's dual-core
6589 it's quad-core

regards
1st September 2014, 03:33 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

49 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdragonpt

Hi

Open cpuz or any other cpu control app and just check how many cpu cores there is.

6572 it's dual-core
6589 it's quad-core

regards

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

CPU 3 and 4 seem to remain sopped. What a mess....
Last edited by xixorro; 1st September 2014 at 03:39 PM.
2nd September 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

49 posts
So I have found the right ROM to flash and solve the issue. But not I get the first issue. Cant isntall google play services because od ID error.

Cant seem to find a way to flash custom recovery in order to flash gapps also. Can someone help?
19th September 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
More
What ROM did u use may I ask
20th September 2014, 12:35 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

49 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dali786546

I am on vacation now and away from my pc. I try to find it and get back here in a couple of days.please remind me with a message if I don't.
22nd September 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

49 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dali786546

This was the one. : hxxp://www.needrom.com/download/gt-i9500-mt6572-6/

But the GAP problems remain
Yesterday, 07:54 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts