[Q] Samsung Galaxy Ace Style(Straight Talk) sm-s765c

Search This thread

tommymsw

Oct 14, 2011
Help with wifi tether?

Would anybody here be willing to help me with wifi tether for this phone? I have rooted it and I have android wifi tether installed. I just can't figure out what the correct settings are to get it to work. Thank you! :)

Reactions: hamr01

toxinburn

Jul 11, 2013
Ward
Moto G Stylus
I know im beating a dead horse here but...this firmware is actually on dlgsm.com but requires a premium account, I went ahead and paid for one I am currently downloading the firmware and will post once I have it upped and available, i am also downloading the crc which is also flashable with odin this is for the sm-s765c model which is straight talk and possibly same for tracfone and net10 although i cannot guarantee. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j70um25zecw17vh/AADahE6p9HfLxW1ZZb6S4rCLa?dl=0

If you need to recover your device then use odin and have device plugged up in download mode then download the file from the link that starts with ALL, place it in the pda section of odin and flash boom fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: origin4lcr8n

armatron

Jan 16, 2016
I have a Net10 version of this phone that I refused to root until I had a restore for it... I was just wondering if anyone has restored this onto a Net10 version so far?

Thanks!

armatron

Jan 16, 2016
One other question I had... Where do these stock firmwares come from? Does someone at the factory upload them? It it something we can pay support to get? I have some straight talk LG l22c phones I would love to root too, but there is no recovery firmware out there that I can find...

TheUnbricker

Jan 29, 2015
Santa Fe
A TWRP Recovery

OK, I'll admit I'm not the best at this, but I'm gonna make a TWRP recovery for this device and get it to run so everyone can use it. After this, I hope to make a ROM for it as well, Something KitKat based hopefully. Also, let's all take a moment to thank our lovely thread member who bought the factory image for this phone and uploaded it to dropbox for us. If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me, and I'll answer any question to the best of my ability.

- Cheers~
Meowyaoi/TheUnbricker

armatron

Jan 16, 2016
OK, I'll admit I'm not the best at this, but I'm gonna make a TWRP recovery for this device and get it to run so everyone can use it. After this, I hope to make a ROM for it as well, Something KitKat based hopefully. Also, let's all take a moment to thank our lovely thread member who bought the factory image for this phone and uploaded it to dropbox for us. If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me, and I'll answer any question to the best of my ability.

- Cheers~
Meowyaoi/TheUnbricker
That would be awesome! I would love it if anything was developed for these.

toxinburn

Jul 11, 2013
Ward
Moto G Stylus
Welk i think open bump might work in this device and yes i restored a straight talk with this firmware it should work on net10 or tracfone as well but might need a csc changer app or manually or change apn etc manually after

Reactions: armatron
I know im beating a dead horse here but...this firmware is actually on dlgsm.com but requires a premium account, I went ahead and paid for one I am currently downloading the firmware and will post once I have it upped and available, i am also downloading the crc which is also flashable with odin this is for the sm-s765c model which is straight talk and possibly same for tracfone and net10 although i cannot guarantee.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for sharing your investment! I had been stuck in a build prop related bootloop on this device for months!

:victory:

TheUnbricker

Jan 29, 2015
Santa Fe
A little update to everyone:

I took the risk of flashing the firmware @toxinburn uploaded on my Net10 edition SM765C and it worked perfectly, right down to the APN configurations. I recently got a hold of the KK rom Template and I will start editing the UI and such to prepare for an update. If we don't have TWRP by then, I will make it flashable via ODIN. For those of you who have this phone and have been waiting, thank you for being so patient.

Reactions: SM-s765cyrian

JONCEY78

May 6, 2016
THUMBS UP MAN. Ty toxicburn u are a savior. Ty my freakin phone works again.

Howdy yall...lol. I would like to let you all know I have decompiled the hiddenmenu.apk within the system/app folder and guess what if we can get to these hidden menus it has options to turn off secure settings, however it does require a key.......I just send an email to the samsung dev responsible for handling the keys, will keep you posted also I will post the dialpad codes soon so keep your eyes peeled here.

you are the man at the end of this thread is the answer to my bricked phone. ty sir this phones been bricked for over a year and i recently ran over my newest phone so i needed the firmware to a phone samsung forgot they made or some ****. i bet i read for like 100 hrs on this phone a year ago. tytytyty

---------- Post added at 06:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 AM ----------

I know im beating a dead horse here but...this firmware is actually on dlgsm.com but requires a premium account, I went ahead and paid for one I am currently downloading the firmware and will post once I have it upped and available, i am also downloading the crc which is also flashable with odin this is for the sm-s765c model which is straight talk and possibly same for tracfone and net10 although i cannot guarantee.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for sharing your investment! I had been stuck in a build prop related bootloop on this device for months!

:victory:

he IS the man! ty ToxicBurn!

toxinburn

Jul 11, 2013
Ward
Moto G Stylus
I am about to take a week off of work, I am going to do a lil traveling but in the days I have off, I think I know something that may possibly work to actually be able to flash custom recovery to this old phone, something called open bump was used successfully on devices such as this to ultimately allow flash of unsigned recovery and boot images. I really have zero use left on this thing so I might as well see if I can crack it or brick it. I have moved on to 3 other devices since this but still have one functioning. I am not sure how many still have or use this device though. From what I have heard the drop box link I had for this device is down so I am currently reuploading the firmware to openload if anyone still needs it.

Okay so i split the original file archive so you will have to download all three into same folder and unrar it.

PART1

PART2

PART3

Last edited:

DrakeekarD

Jul 14, 2016
thanks you very much,

thanks a bunch man, you rock. Gonna finish cracking out and upgrading my spare phone to see what I can do with it.

SM-s765cyrian

May 23, 2017
anticipation

A little update to everyone:

I took the risk of flashing the firmware @toxinburn uploaded on my Net10 edition SM765C and it worked perfectly, right down to the APN configurations. I recently got a hold of the KK rom Template and I will start editing the UI and such to prepare for an update. If we don't have TWRP by then, I will make it flashable via ODIN. For those of you who have this phone and have been waiting, thank you for being so patient.

not to kick a dead horse yet again but I'm quite curious if you (or anyone reading this) has found a custom romm for this incredibly undercovered phone series. I'm terribly desperate to update from 4.3 to 4.4 atleast (5.0 would be great but i just need the bare minimum jump from jellybean to kitkat)

I am a newb to this, I was just about to flash a samsung galaxy ace 3 custom rom on my phone but was quite unsure if it was safe or not. I'm certain it is, but I was honestly about to test it cause I'm desperate for a update. I can't just move on to another phone..

I saw there was a recover img bought by someone earlier in the thread. Thank you so much for that!

longbikez

Apr 25, 2017
meadville
Google Pixel 2 XL
I'd like to jump in here too, I have a sm-g310 that I think is the same as a 765 and I've been trying to figure out how to upgrade it to KK as well but can't get past the unlocking of the bootloader. It seems a nice little phone and I don't want to give up on it but JB is almost useless now.

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

I am about to take a week off of work, I am going to do a lil traveling but in the days I have off, I think I know something that may possibly work to actually be able to flash custom recovery to this old phone, something called open bump was used successfully on devices such as this to ultimately allow flash of unsigned recovery and boot images. I really have zero use left on this thing so I might as well see if I can crack it or brick it. I have moved on to 3 other devices since this but still have one functioning. I am not sure how many still have or use this device though. From what I have heard the drop box link I had for this device is down so I am currently reuploading the firmware to openload if anyone still needs it.

Okay so i split the original file archive so you will have to download all three into same folder and unrar it.

PART1

PART2

PART3

the files 2 and 3 have been removed?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root with towelroot

How did you get TowelRoot to work? I tried but got "phone not supported" This phone desperetly needs to be rooted!

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Free mobile app

Is what I did when Towelroot opens you click the Welcome to Towelroot v3 three times then a textbox will appear with some random numbers and the second to the last one is a 4 delete the 4 and put in a 2 and that worked for me.

Hope this helps:cyclops:

PART1

PART2

PART3
    the code ##3282# will open up the data menu and gives you an edit option . Selecting this option asks for your device MSL but I have not gotten any further on it.
    working on it at androidarea51....i have a recovery (3 really ,cwm, philz, and twrp) built for it but still wont flash............not giving up yet..............working on the bootloader will take some time.....i just got the phone after the holidays from a mamber.......also have a kernel from source but that so returns the same error.........
    Howdy yall...lol. I would like to let you all know I have decompiled the hiddenmenu.apk within the system/app folder and guess what if we can get to these hidden menus it has options to turn off secure settings, however it does require a key.......I just send an email to the samsung dev responsible for handling the keys, will keep you posted also I will post the dialpad codes soon so keep your eyes peeled here.
    Oh my bad. I glanced at Wrudwulf's post and missed that he had a different model.

Sent from my SM-S765C using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2