Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,578 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] samsung galaxy note 8 gt-n5110 root problem o

Tip us?

drifter9012
Old
(Last edited by drifter9012; 21st August 2014 at 06:12 PM.) Reason: fix typos
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tutorial [Q] samsung galaxy note 8 gt-n5110 root problem o

Hello there. So here is my problem. I tried to root my note tab(8.0 gt-n5110 on kit kat) using odin and it was unsuccessful. Ive deduced that there is no official root for the 8.0.... I could be wrong but I'm pretty. Idk jew to this whole thing..... anyhow... unsuccessful root.... and I cant figure out how to un root and I cant find any spcific/clear instructions on how to fix this for my exact model(too afraid to follow steps for diff note models) SuperSu is installed but whenever I try to open it it says the app has stopped. I no longer wish to root even id it is possible. I just want to go back to normal.... if someone could reply with a clear step by step on how to fix this I woild be in your debt. Thanj you

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 517

DONATE TO ME
Why give up on root just because the first time didn't work? But anyway, unless you modified the recovery, the SuperSU app being installed doesn't change or hurt anything. You might just go to the Play Store and see if you can update the app. Depending on which method you used you can just uninstall it via the Application Manager in Settings or the Play Store. If it was installed as a system app then you can just disable it via the Application Manager and no harm done. If you really need to restock (you don't) then this would be a guide:

http://androidromupdate.com/2014/06/...date-firmware/
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)

drifter9012
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you got your prompt response. The answer to your question about why not try root again.... I work in market research and I sometimes do product testing so I will have to eventually give this back one day so I just don't want to risk it. Also after attempting the root my tablet started like flickering and not staying on for to long unless attached to charger and then when that finally stopped I went to open Google chtome app and got a page saying something to the affect that Google was being hacked into our something like that and totally freaked me out so in this instance not worth it for Me. I have had a rooted android device (galaxy s4) and I do love all the mods and endless benefits to root so I do understand why you would question. Again I thank you and I'm going to be trying out your suggestions here in just a moment.