Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,395 Members 46,799 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Will Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 get Android L?

Tip us?
 
v418h4v
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 75
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default [Q] Will Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 get Android L?

Hi guys i guess most of you have seen android l, but i had a question that will s2 gt-i9100 get android l rom? I know that s2 wont get an official release as they stopped it at 4.1.2 but will we get android l rom by cyanogenmod because galaxy s2 already got 4.4.4 roms
 
lionelsuyog
Old
#2  
lionelsuyog's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 273
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Kathmandu
Quote:
Originally Posted by v418h4v View Post
Hi guys i guess most of you have seen android l, but i had a question that will s2 gt-i9100 get android l rom? I know that s2 wont get an official release as they stopped it at 4.1.2 but will we get android l rom by cyanogenmod because galaxy s2 already got 4.4.4 roms
Yeah, for sure S2 will get it! It wont be official, but via Cyanogenmod! Its an armv7 device and will support ART!
PRESS THANKS IF IT HELPED
The Following User Says Thank You to lionelsuyog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
v418h4v
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 75
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionelsuyog View Post
Yeah, for sure S2 will get it! It wont be official, but via Cyanogenmod! Its an armv7 device and will support ART!
PRESS THANKS IF IT HELPED
yay!
 
kokesh
Old
#4  
kokesh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 299
Posts: 684
Join Date: Jul 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
It will come in some shape, but it may not be a perfect experience, as most devs rightfuly gave up on S2 due to all the crap (not) coming from Samsun.
Device: SGS2 i9100
Provider: Halebop [swe]
ROM: Omni 4.4.x latest nightly
KERNEL: Omni stock
Recovery: TWRP
My Work: http://www.hms.se
 
v418h4v
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 75
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokesh View Post
It will come in some shape, but it may not be a perfect experience, as most devs rightfuly gave up on S2 due to all the crap (not) coming from Samsun.
I dont think devs completely gave up on s2 because since s2 stopped at 4.1.2 devs got it all the way up to 4.4.4 with cyanogenmod based roms and they seem to work flawlessly. Some of the kitkat roms for s2 are official by cyanogenmod
 
v418h4v
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 75
Join Date: Mar 2013
I just cant wait for the android l to release, i did some research and they say that it might arrive from 23rd september - 23rd december but when 4.4.4 was released s2 got the rom in 3-4 days i just love those animations on android l
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Get Your Special xda:devcon ’14 Hotel And Conference Rate While It Lasts

By now you’ve definitely heard about XDA’s … more

Google Chromecast Rootable Once Again!

Over the six months, theGoogle Chromecasthas gained a considerable amount of official functionality. … more

YAATA isn’t Just Another Android Texting App

Although our mobile devices today are capable of executingnearly every task we normally … more

MacroDroid Update Brings Android Wear Automation

A few months ago, we talked about MacroDroid. For those who don’t remember, MacroDroid … more