Post Reply
Post

[Q] Casio Commando G'zOne 4G LTE C811

1st September 2013, 03:20 AM   |  #1  
Lprchn's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
So, the first Casio Commando G'zOne was a very tough phone. Came stock with Gingerbread 2.3 and no recovery, only a hard reset option. Surprisingly it was quite popular.

Now, the new Casio Commando G'zOne 4G LTE is available stock with ICS 4.0 and will be attracting many consumers. Unfortunately, I don't know if it has it's own recovery or not.

Wanted to know if anyone has got one and if it has it's own recovery or not (aside from the stock hard reset option).

Also, any devs looking into creating a custom ROM for this device? I'd be highly interested in any information on a custom ROM for this device! Thanks!!
6th September 2013, 11:14 PM   |  #2  
AGoogleUser's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Harmony
Thanks Meter: 29
 
226 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lprchn

So, the first Casio Commando G'zOne was a very tough phone. Came stock with Gingerbread 2.3 and no recovery, only a hard reset option. Surprisingly it was quite popular.

Now, the new Casio Commando G'zOne 4G LTE is available stock with ICS 4.0 and will be attracting many consumers. Unfortunately, I don't know if it has it's own recovery or not.

Wanted to know if anyone has got one and if it has it's own recovery or not (aside from the stock hard reset option).

Also, any devs looking into creating a custom ROM for this device? I'd be highly interested in any information on a custom ROM for this device! Thanks!!

I'm using one right now. There is no button combination to get into recovery. However if you do get into recovery via commands or toolkit you cant navigate to any options.

Sent from my C811 4G using xda app-developers app
6th September 2013, 11:38 PM   |  #3  
Lprchn's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoogleUser

I'm using one right now. There is no button combination to get into recovery. However if you do get into recovery via commands or toolkit you cant navigate to any options.

Sent from my C811 4G using xda app-developers app

Well snap, I was anxious to see some custom ROMs for the device.
7th September 2013, 12:23 AM   |  #4  
AGoogleUser's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Harmony
Thanks Meter: 29
 
226 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
I did I quick Google search and found some links to people fining a way to root but since they cant navigate in recovery they cant load a ROM. Maybe someone can flash a recovery with fastboot or adb.

Sent from my C811 4G using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to AGoogleUser For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th September 2013, 12:32 AM   |  #5  
AGoogleUser's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Harmony
Thanks Meter: 29
 
226 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Although I do love the wallpapers on the phone!

Sent from my C811 4G using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1378510315827.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	2240266  
The Following User Says Thank You to AGoogleUser For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th September 2013, 12:36 AM   |  #6  
Lprchn's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Well I hope someone can figure this out. I would myself, unfortunately I've got limited experience.

I'll pass along the information you provided. Much obliged!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Lprchn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th September 2013, 02:43 AM   |  #7  
xmguy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag McMinnville, TN
Thanks Meter: 17
 
258 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
I found a root method on another forum. If rules allow I can link them here. I'm looking at getting the commando 4g too. I root all my phones so searched endlessly. However the phone has few threads. Since most devs have high end phones like Galaxy S4 and Note 2 etc.

Sent from my (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 using the XDA app!
The Following User Says Thank You to xmguy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th September 2013, 02:55 AM   |  #8  
Lprchn's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
If I had the phone, I'd root it myself and create an informative thread. Should have it by next year if my buddy gets it and allows me to tinker with it lol.

Looking forward to more insight on the matter!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Lprchn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th September 2013, 05:58 PM   |  #9  
RandomPooka's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 245
 
732 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Just saw this phone on the VZW site and droooooooled. I'm in construction, so the rugged phone appeals to me far more than all the high end hardware phones do.

Is stock ICS on it functional, or buggy? I'm thinking about picking it up on the EDGE pay as you go plan, but I was curious about usability during the time when I'm trying to root/recovery/flash the thing. It's been a while since I've done much custom ROM building, but if I can get a working recovery, it would be worth trying to build CM10.2 for this
9th September 2013, 07:17 AM   |  #10  
AGoogleUser's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Harmony
Thanks Meter: 29
 
226 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomPooka

Just saw this phone on the VZW site and droooooooled. I'm in construction, so the rugged phone appeals to me far more than all the high end hardware phones do.

Is stock ICS on it functional, or buggy? I'm thinking about picking it up on the EDGE pay as you go plan, but I was curious about usability during the time when I'm trying to root/recovery/flash the thing. It's been a while since I've done much custom ROM building, but if I can get a working recovery, it would be worth trying to build CM10.2 for this

Its got its visual lag but overall it preforms well. It has great battery life and takes neat slow motion videos. Camera is a bit grainy for 8mp.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
c811, casio, casio commando, gzone
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Android Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank