Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,676 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE Custom Rom Zip Won't Flash

Tip us?

DHeavy2011
Old
(Last edited by DHeavy2011; 21st August 2014 at 08:52 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default My Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE Custom Rom Zip Won't Flash

I've seen no one making a 4.4 rom for the Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE and it's really frustrating because it has similar specs to the Moto G and other 4.4 phones. I saw an xda page for porting roms and I followed all of the instructions. I used the stock rom as the base rom and an omnirom as what I ported. I copied the system apps, framework, fonts, media, and etc. I also signed it with Zip Signer from Google Play.

I just can't seem to find the problem. It won't flash PERIOD. I keep getting an error at the very begining. I extracted the files with Archive Utility on my Macbook running 10.9.4 and did everything there. Once I was done I compressed the folder to make it a zip to flash.

I've never done anything like this before but I have used android for a while and have flashed, unbricked, used a custom rom, and other things like editing APKs with Lucky Patcher and obviously rooted.

bob-st
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHeavy2011 View Post
I've seen no one making a 4.4 rom for the Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE and it's really frustrating because it has similar specs to the Moto G and other 4.4 phones. I saw an xda page for porting roms and I followed all of the instructions. I used the stock rom as the base rom and an omnirom as what I ported. I copied the system apps, framework, fonts, media, and etc. I also signed it with Zip Signer from Google Play.

I just can't seem to find the problem. It won't flash PERIOD. I keep getting an error at the very begining. I extracted the files with Archive Utility on my Macbook running 10.9.4 and did everything there. Once I was done I compressed the folder to make it a zip to flash.

I've never done anything like this before but I have used android for a while and have flashed, unbricked, used a custom rom, and other things like editing APKs with Lucky Patcher and obviously rooted.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I want to get this right for I can make a 4.4 rom for my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 T210R and of course share these roms with people who also have these devices and want Kitkat. Every Kitkat rom I've used on my T210R is unusable. A few days ago I flashed a 4.2.2 rom when it said STOCK ROM (which is 4.1.2) but it flashed and the only problem was wifi but I found a wifi.zip file somewhere on here before and flashed it on my T210R and it fixed the wifi. 4.2.2 is a lot nicer than 4.1.2 but I still want Kitkat. I only wanted stock to unbrick. I don't know what I was thinking but I deleted the whole system folder and yeah.... I swore I made a backup before I did anything but it wasn't there.

So anyways does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Did you find a 4.4 rom yrt?

DHeavy2011
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob-st View Post
Did you find a 4.4 rom yrt?

Nah but I've been looking. However mine is hard bricked sooooo. I hope to fix it though. I figured out how to make the roms I edit flash because I hsve done editing of zips and flashed them and I did use that guide to try porting 4.4 to one of my other phones and it flashed but wouldn't get past bootloop