Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,428 Members 47,726 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SD Card Issue?

Tip us?

bigorangekitty
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] SD Card Issue?

I hope this is the correct place to post this. I have a kyocera hydro edge II roote with framaroot. Running android 4.1.2. Used a 8gb micro sd with fat32 and ext2 partitions that worked fantastic for months. I bought a new 32gb micro sd card to replace my 8gb. The 8gb was partitioned 5gb fat32, 2gb ext2. I moved everything back to internal storage from link2sd. Took the new 32gb card and partitioned 22gb fat32, and 8gb ext2. Copied everything from 8gb fat32 to the 22gb fat32. Put the 32gb in my phone and everything was fine. Using link2sd I linked the apps from internal storage to the ext2 partition.

This morning my phone rebooted and didn't "recognize" the 22gb fat32. It recognized the ext2 just fine. If I go into my phone, under storage, it says I have like 17gb of storage left of the 22gb on my external sd card. So it would appear it does somewhat recognize it. HOWEVER, if I go to Apps, it only says I have 1gb of internal storage, and 1gb of external storage. So i removed my sd card and put it in my computer, and everything is there and the partitions appear fine. I backed up my sd card and reformatted, and my phone still only recognizes 1gb of external storage. Link2sd also only recognizes 1gb of internal AND 1gb external storage. So I downloaded Astro file manager. I open that up and it lists SDCARD0 at 1gb where everything is now going, and then externalSD at 22gb where nothing is going and all my old data is located. My pictures are being read off the 22gb partition. If I take a new picture, it is going to the 1gb whereever that might be. If I put in my old 8gb sd card it has the same results. I took my daughters clean new 8gb micro sd card with nothing on it, and it has the same results. 1gb internal, 1gb external. Once again though, it recognizes the card space under storage, and can be accessed through astro file manager, but it is not reading or putting data there.

I have no clue what's happened or what I can do to get my phone to recognize the 22gb as to where it should reading and putting data??? Do I need to do a back up and factory reset? Start completely over? What are my choices? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you SO much!!!!

bigorangekitty
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
OK.... I went into the storage settings, where the 22gb fat32 partition is recognized. I changed "Primary Storage" to the 22gb partition, and everything is back working. Any ideas why? Are there going to be any drawbacks to this?

thanks guys