Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Set apps to install to SD. Still consumes internal storage

OP PrinceKicksters

23rd August 2014, 02:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
My phone is 'MyPhone Storm TV' a local brand here in the Philippines. The things that I'm sure is its Android Jellybean 4.2 and has Mediatek processor I think.
Unfortunately phone has 512MB of internal storage only.
The manafacturer customized the rom to be able to install apps in sd (in storage at settings)
I set it as default install location. But when the internal storage left no more space, I wasn't able to install any apps from the Google Play. It says insuficient storage. But when I install an app in .apk from my sd card using file manager. It do install. One thing that I notice is apps do install in sd but also consumes internal storage. Please help. I'm a android newbie. My phone is not yet rooted.
23rd August 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceKicksters

My phone is 'MyPhone Storm TV' a local brand here in the Philippines. The things that I'm sure is its Android Jellybean 4.2 and has Mediatek processor I think.
The manafacturer customized the rom to be able to install apps in sd (in storage at settings)
I set it as default install location. But when the internal storage left no more space, I wasn't able to install any apps from the Google Play. It says insuficient storage. But when I install an app in .apk from my sd card using file manager. It do install. One thing that I notice is apps do install in sd but also consumes internal storage. Please help. I'm a android newbie. My phone is not yet rooted.

though you install app in sdcard but it will consumes a little in internal storage.if you root your set,you can increase internal storage
25th August 2014, 06:15 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidmahadi

though you install app in sdcard but it will consumes a little in internal storage.if you root your set,you can increase internal storage

How?
25th August 2014, 06:45 AM   |  #4  
Flag NewYork
Thanks Meter: 6

72 posts
Quote:

Well, I think when you download the application using Google Play then its only going to install over the device memory because it's the default storage location so, I don't think that there is anyway to change that. I would say once you install that application from the playstore move it to the SD card and then you can again download the application. I don't think that there is any way to force the playstore to install the application over the SD card until or unless you root your device. Now I am going to leave the deciding thing up to you !
25th August 2014, 07:01 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 7

21 posts
Quote:

How?

You can follow these

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1867969

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...utmk=205767696

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2223190
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread