Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,360 Members 49,449 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Soft-Bricked LG GT540 Optimus

Tip us?

Ebony Dubois
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Soft-Bricked LG GT540 Optimus

Hello. I've tried using multiple ROMs in my rooted phone with KDZ Updater, and I guess that one of the updates hanged, or maybe it was something else... I really don't know. What I do know is that my phone currently isn't able to enter recovery mode, and is also not showing any boot logos (neither 'LG' nor 'Android').

I did see some threads about this, one of them talking about starting in Download Mode and using KDZ in CS_Emergency mode with some French ROM. Well, I tried that and as soon as I press "Launch software upgrade" the program freezes until I plug my phone off the PC.

I feel as if something was stuck in my throat and the only way to get it out is by completing this... so any help will be greatly appreciated!

PS: All this happened in the process of trying to install Cyanogen Mod 10.1 (which I did not try yet).

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 519

DONATE TO ME
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1119531

Need to make sure to get the right firmware, DLL file, and make sure you have the right port set on the program.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ebony Dubois
Old
(Last edited by Ebony Dubois; 24th August 2014 at 02:35 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1119531

Need to make sure to get the right firmware, DLL file, and make sure you have the right port set on the program.
Thanks for the reply!

I appreciate the info, and I'll be checking what you've said. All the links in that thread are inaccessible because Fileserve only lets you download what you upload. Anyway, I'm curious as to what this "DLL" file does on a smartphone... why do I need these things? I never heard of them being mentioned anywhere.

I'll start educating myself ASAP. Meanwhile, thank you very much (and by the way, if it's of help to anyone, my phone is a GT540g from Personal, Argentina.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 519

DONATE TO ME
You're welcome. Sorry, didn't check to see if the files were still there and most every other site just had reposts of the fileserve links. However, finally found what you need here:

http://files-gsm.ru/lg%20flesh/GT540...-2010+0.dz.zip

I found this dll for your phone but not sure if it works with the firmware you have for that version:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9v..._100506_MP.dll

"A dynamic-link library (DLL) file is an executable file that allows programs to share code and other resources necessary to perform particular tasks..."

Basically it ties together a few things in Windows to let the flash tool work for your specific device is my understanding. But they have to be specific to the phone or it won't run once it checks the build.prop of the phone vs the firmware you're trying to install.

Keep in mind, I do not have this phone and have no way to test if they will or won't work so just like any other mod or upgrade - you do so at your own risk.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)

Ebony Dubois
Old
(Last edited by Ebony Dubois; 31st August 2014 at 04:43 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Camera Thanks, but...

First of all, I'm very sorry not to have replied before, but I've been busy. Anyway!
Thanks, I appreciate the links, but I don't understand where to put the .dll file in my phone. I know you'd think I'm an idiot who doesn't know how to use Google, but I actually did search beforehand. I simply don't get where to put it.

Also, if it's worth the shot, I just noticed that I should disable the "Modem" that activates when I plug my phone in. The problem is, KDZ just does this simple log [attached] and states "===FINISHED===" (Note that I have 2 Modems listed in my device manager [attached screenshot])
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Devices.png
Views:	3
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	2918921  
Attached Files
File Type: txt KDZ Error.txt - [Click for QR Code] (313 Bytes, 1 views)