No registration required

[Q] Sophix Tab-840g Need Firmware help!

OP captainsploof

18th August 2014, 07:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hello Xda community,

Alright after exhausting all other options i have decided to turn to our community in hopes that i can come to some sort of resolution for this matter. Okay i own a Sophix Tab-840g past warranty my problem is my software was causing freeze and reboots i left it that way for a while because it wasn't bothering me. So i waited long enough for them to make a new firmware and i upgraded, however upon doing so i was not able to use the touchscreen. Also, i have no back up...... was a bad move in retrospect. I did some research and found that that the freezing was due to the actual firmware and many people had tried to update running into the same situation where the touchscreen stopped working.

The only difference between when i did it and when they did it is the company had there older firmware available still. That is no longer that case they only have the new firmware and after calling they no longer have old software available. Other people reverted back and atleast there tablet worked, however I CANNOT get the old firmware ANYWHERE........in there guide they talk of the use of update "update-tab840-v02-20130315.img" when using there batch program. The only firmware available is the new one “upgrade-tab840-v03-20130607" i'm looking for the older update "update-tab840-v02-20130315.img" to fix my tablet or a way to fix this touchscreen hard reset is out of the option i have already done this method a couple times, i tried installing from sd, and from the computer all with the same error. Thank you so much for reading this and also for any help i procure. I will be uploading the version of my firmware i have no and the old one if i get it so this can the fix for this dreaded problem with so few forums talking of a fix.

Thank you,
Captainsploof
P.S. having trouble uploading firmware at this point keeps saying page unavailable during upload 8/18/2014
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread