[Q] SOS: Elephone P8 touching itself??

Search This thread

Morfindir

Jul 1, 2014
Why, hello there! :cowboy:

First of all i would like to apologize for two things:
(1) My English is awful so bear with me please!
(2) I couldn't find an answer for this question and i tried really hard. So if there does exist an answer please point me to it nicely :D

Now, concerning my problem.

I have bought Elephone P8 from Banggood . com
(link could not be uploaded cause i am a new user)
(if you want to view the phone go to Banggood and searh for Elephone P8 :angel: )

From Day 1 I have had a problem with my screen. It touches itself!! :eek:
I didn't do anything for that problem as i didn't believe it could be possible for a phone to touch the screen itself.

Now into details:
When i unlock my phone and use it after a couple of minutes (i have enabled the option to view the clicks on the screen) i see thousand clicks on my touchscreen in a vertical line. From the speaker (where you talk) to the home button. It is always in the same line!! :confused:
And when i close the display of my phone and unlock it again, the thousand clicks stop and the phone works normally again.. :/

I know that it is hardware problem because i have changed roms, i have rooted and i did all i could to fix it softwarely! :fingers-crossed: SO i am convinsed it is Hardwared reallated issue! :victory:

MY QUESTION IS:
How can i fix this problem if i want to open my phone?? If i change the glue between the glass and the LCD will it fix it?? :D

Please , please , please! Don't tell me to send it back and ask for a new one OR take it to an expert to fix it! :D

THANKS A BUNCH GUYS!!!

samhell

Nov 9, 2008
Berlin, Germany
It could (!) be just some stress on the Screen. Maybe you could do something if you just disassemble it, look where the stress could come from, and put it together again after that.

I had that a few years before, and for me was the Solution to bend the Case a bit, in which the Screen was pressed.

Hopefully that works for you :)

Morfindir

Jul 1, 2014
Thanks for your reply man! :D I really appreciate it!

Now that you mention it, when i dissasembled my phone i couldnt unscrew the last screw that is attaching the motherboard to the screen. It was so hardly screwed! :confused:
Maybe that little screw does the job, so i will try and unscrew it! :D

ONE MORE THING
If for some reason i can't find the pressure point from inside the phone, what other options do i have?? Since i have scratched the front glass a bit, i am in the temptation to change the front glass and clean the Screen a bit.
What do you think?

P.S.: Further advice is very much appreciated! :D