[Q] SPDC Client just installed on my device

Search This thread

MagicMiloX

Apr 25, 2011
Las Vegas
I was in my notification bar and saw that something called "SPDC client" installed. I clicked on it before I could screen shot (stupidly) and it led to nothing. Checked settings for downloaded, running, and all apps and couldn't find anything like that. Sounds super sketchy and I'm a bit freaked out. I don't download apps from stupid places, careful with my phone. Has anyone else had anything similar happen?

Reactions: tomvds

ungaboonga

Sep 5, 2014
I was in my notification bar and saw that something called "SPDC client" installed. I clicked on it before I could screen shot (stupidly) and it led to nothing. Checked settings for downloaded, running, and all apps and couldn't find anything like that. Sounds super sketchy and I'm a bit freaked out. I don't download apps from stupid places, careful with my phone. Has anyone else had anything similar happen?

yeah, same thing just happened to me...

i was browsing mangapanda.com reading ... a manga... and kept having to close stupid app popups when i guess this one got through...

ran an avg scan and it got nothing. i am freaked out as well ::hugs::

MagicMiloX

Apr 25, 2011
Las Vegas
yeah, same thing just happened to me...

i was browsing mangapanda.com reading ... a manga... and kept having to close stupid app popups when i guess this one got through...

ran an avg scan and it got nothing. i am freaked out as well ::hugs::

I'm a little less concerned, Samsung security policy update is listed as SPD in app settings, but I would sure love for someone to confirm samsung just pushed something out.

ChinnoDog

Sep 5, 2014
I'm a little less concerned, Samsung security policy update is listed as SPD in app settings, but I would sure love for someone to confirm samsung just pushed something out.

I received this a few minutes ago. When I tapped on it the Samsung app store opened. I agree this looks shady. I wasn't using my phone when it happened though so it could not have been manually triggered.

Sobriquet

Jan 6, 2009

I just got the same thing. I am very curious as to what this is. Looking for anyone with more information. Searching Google just yielded this thread and this is as far as I've gotten.

tomvds

Sep 6, 2014
SPDC Client installed

Hi All,

A few days ago SPDC Client installed automatically on my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 3.?

Best regards,
Tom

Kal-El7

Nov 6, 2012
I got this, too. So I'm going back to Xposed's module "xprivacy". NOTHING installs without my explicit permission.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just had this install on my t mobile note 3.