Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,427 Members 40,822 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] root lg g2 mini

Tip us?

Sujko
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [q] root lg g2 mini

Hi boys, can I root my phone with towelroot when its carrier branded? Thnx

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 514

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujko View Post
Hi boys, can I root my phone with towelroot when its carrier branded? Thnx
Yes you can. If you have the D625 LTE version, you should try version 1 instead of the newest.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)

Sujko
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have 620r

Sujko
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Try root LG G2 MINI D620r,V10g with towelroot but it said, this phone isnt supported. Any tips for rooting this phone?

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 514

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujko View Post
Try root LG G2 MINI D620r,V10g with towelroot but it said, this phone isnt supported. Any tips for rooting this phone?
Did you try the other versions of Towelroot? Certain ones work better with certain versions of the phone and updates. If not that, possible that the older method via update.zip in stock recovery could work: http://hexamob.com/devices/how-to-root-lg-g2-mini/ or a bit more difficult but end result being that you can also install a custom recovery and root that way or install roms would be to unlock the bootloader: http://forum.xda-developers.com/g2-m...nlock-t2827748 . Might want to check with the OP to see if your update is supported by that method, just to be certain.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]