[Q] .tcookieid file....?

OP simes6600

29th August 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32

209 posts
More
just noticed today a file, .tcookieid (33 bytes in length, dated yesterday, opened file, about 30 characters of Hex), has appeared on my M8 in every folder on my SD card, and is also on the root dir. anyone know what it is?
31st August 2014, 07:29 PM   |  #2  
Flag Behind You
Thanks Meter: 668

989 posts
More
Have you recently installed ifonts app?
I saw that I also had this file throughout my sdcard.
The only thing I can think of is that it has something to do with how ifonts deals with replacing and/or backing up your current Fonts.
I found your post after a google search about it. But there is not much info about it (that I can find)
It may be that everyone knows what these .tcookied files are and me and you are a pair of idiots lol.
But I figured I'd post just so you wouldn't feel on your own! :P
I'm gonna keep searching for answers and if I find anything I'll let you know.
All the best rich
1st September 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32

209 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoamigriffiths

Have you recently installed ifonts app?
I saw that I also had this file throughout my sdcard.
The only thing I can think of is that it has something to do with how ifonts deals with replacing and/or backing up your current Fonts.
I found your post after a google search about it. But there is not much info about it (that I can find)
It may be that everyone knows what these .tcookied files are and me and you are a pair of idiots lol.
But I figured I'd post just so you wouldn't feel on your own! :P
I'm gonna keep searching for answers and if I find anything I'll let you know.
All the best rich

there could have been an update to ifonts recently, in the past few days, cant really remember as i have so much stuff getting updated daily. but ifonts makes sense as to what is making this small file. its harmless anyway, just wondered why it was appearing. surprised no one else has picked up on it here on XDA (apart from ourselves)...
The Following User Says Thank You to simes6600 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th September 2014, 11:05 PM   |  #4  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Unhappy
Hello there,

Even i stumbled upon this post from the Google keyword query, my SD card was displaying as being damaged, so i was closely examining the contents of my SD card and i found this newly created file.

It was only in the root path of the SD card, nowhere else.

Even i think that this file might have belonged to iFonts, i have uninstalled the app and removed the file after iFont messed up my factory font restoration pretty badly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread