1st August 2015, 03:13 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
+1, Z2, no IFonts ... weird ...

8th August 2015, 03:24 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 449

More
find . -type f -name ".tcookieid" -exec rm -f {} \;

Not sure what it is. I found one website which gave information stating that it's recognized as a form of a Trojan virus that collects info and sends it somewhere. Can't verify that, however, if you want to remove them all then open up terminal, change directory to root of internal sdcard and copy paste the command above. Do the same for external sdcard as well.

I haven't seen them come back yet, but if it does, then best believe I have every intention of wiping my device out and restoring with a pure stock Rom.

EDIT: I noticed that it's not just the internal and external storage. Its everywhere on the device. However, I still have not seen it come back on my device since I have removed them.
Last edited by SHM; 13th August 2015 at 12:16 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to SHM For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2015, 02:53 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
same issue, not that alarming
I believe they are a direct link to a cookie on websites to keep track of your browser traffic, lots of websites use them, some more aggressively than others, I just delete them through 7zipper 2.0. If you stay on top of it, check once a week, it doesn't get too out of hand.
Read this article; type in your browser "what is a cookie?' And click the link, ".... All about cookies" I can't post links yet, sorry.
Correct me or add to if you find anything else
Yesterday, 03:41 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
simes6600
Quote:
Originally Posted by simes6600

just noticed today a file, .tcookieid (33 bytes in length, dated yesterday, opened file, about 30 characters of Hex), has appeared on my M8 in every folder on my SD card, and is also on the root dir. anyone know what it is?

It's more of a headache than a threat, its a file that allows websites to keep up with browsing history on websites to give suggestive sites on your mobile browser through their cookies. Read this article and put 2&2 together. Type in "All about cookies" in your browser, I can't post links yet, sorry. I just monitor my files closely and it doesn't get out of hand checking once a week, but that would depend on how much you surf and what sites you go to. Hope this helps!
Fill me in on any extra details
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread