Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,414 Members 53,668 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] any way to mirror phone to tablet?

Tip us?

ianfotheringham
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] any way to mirror phone to tablet?

Hey team - thinking of pimping up my car via using a dash mounted tablet....for gps, music, diagnostics, speaker phone etc etc....but was thinking, as im happy with the layout on my phone (note 3) - wouldn't it make sense to have the phone tethered to the tablet (most likely bluetooth), such that the tablet displayed and allowed control of my phone while it still remained in my pocket, allowing me to access the music and media on the phone, but output audio through the jack in the tablet, which would be permanently mounted in the car - meaning i would never have to remove it or anything to upload new material....any thoughts on this? i know there are apps to screenshare or link, but not full emulation as far as i know...discuss!

Felimenta97
Old
Thanks Meter 2304
I wanted something similar, but not to the same purpose. My Tablet is a media/social consuming device. Only thing I'd want is to be able to mirror my phone's Whatsapp on it, and be able to use the Tablet as controller only.

Commenting here to follow more closely.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

ianfotheringham
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
BUMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felimenta97 View Post
I wanted something similar, but not to the same purpose. My Tablet is a media/social consuming device. Only thing I'd want is to be able to mirror my phone's Whatsapp on it, and be able to use the Tablet as controller only.

Commenting here to follow more closely.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk