5,815,022 Members 37,738 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is it possible to view your old SnapChat files?

Tip us?

harvmeister_
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Is it possible to view your old SnapChat files?

I want to view my old outbound SnapChap videos and pictures and I am aware that they are stored somewhere on smartphones. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE.

Is it possible to find these files?

Soryuu
Old
Thanks Meter 417
Whenever you receive a snap, Snapchat stores them temporarily in /data/data/com.snapchat.android/cache as jpg.nomedia files. They are able to be accessed if snaps haven't been opened yet (and for some reason some just tend to stay there long after the message has been viewed).

When a Snap is opened, the app deleted that cache of files. So it's likly that if you have already viewed them, they have been deleted.

That may not always be the case (as I managed to dig up some old snaps last night), but it's how the app functions.

There's an app called Snaps that can fetch whatever is in the temp cache folder and save it as jpgs. If you have root it's worth trying to use that app (the apk can be downloaded off Github somewhere).

mchughman
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Mine are in storage/emulated/0/Snapchat

crullick
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvmeister_ View Post
I want to view my old outbound SnapChap videos and pictures and I am aware that they are stored somewhere on smartphones. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE.

Is it possible to find these files?
there's an xposed module that enables saving.......
look for it here

harvmeister_
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the replies but what I'm trying to find are the pictures and videos that I have sent to other people. I know they've probably gone for good but it would be nice to find them

Soryuu
Old
Thanks Meter 417
Not sure it's possible sorry - Snapchat only caches inbound Snaps so outgoing ones can't be received.

Sorry for misreading your question.