Is it possible to view your old SnapChat files?

OP harvmeister_

27th August 2014, 12:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
More
I want to view my old outbound SnapChap videos and pictures and I am aware that they are stored somewhere on smartphones. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE.

Is it possible to find these files?
27th August 2014, 07:22 AM   |  #2  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 423

1,071 posts
More
Whenever you receive a snap, Snapchat stores them temporarily in /data/data/com.snapchat.android/cache as jpg.nomedia files. They are able to be accessed if snaps haven't been opened yet (and for some reason some just tend to stay there long after the message has been viewed).

When a Snap is opened, the app deleted that cache of files. So it's likly that if you have already viewed them, they have been deleted.

That may not always be the case (as I managed to dig up some old snaps last night), but it's how the app functions.

There's an app called Snaps that can fetch whatever is in the temp cache folder and save it as jpgs. If you have root it's worth trying to use that app (the apk can be downloaded off Github somewhere).
27th August 2014, 08:29 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

29 posts
Mine are in storage/emulated/0/Snapchat
27th August 2014, 11:18 AM   |  #4  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 67

261 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvmeister_

I want to view my old outbound SnapChap videos and pictures and I am aware that they are stored somewhere on smartphones. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE.

Is it possible to find these files?

there's an xposed module that enables saving.......
look for it here
27th August 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
More
Thanks for the replies but what I'm trying to find are the pictures and videos that I have sent to other people. I know they've probably gone for good but it would be nice to find them
27th August 2014, 08:04 PM   |  #6  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 423

1,071 posts
More
Not sure it's possible sorry - Snapchat only caches inbound Snaps so outgoing ones can't be received.

Sorry for misreading your question.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread