[Q] TWRP Error, Unable to install OS

OP masterdudeness

12th August 2014, 01:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hey everyone,

I'm in a desperate hurry now, after hours of trying to get an operational phone again.
I have a Sprint Galaxy S3 that I was trying to put CM10.2 on using twrp, but I kept getting the error "Error executing updater binary in zip". HOWEVER, during the process of trying to get it to work, I accidentally did a wipe of my internal storage as well-- wiping my os. Now, all im trying to do is get a working rom so that I can start over, but every rom I try to install using twrp gives me the same error. Can anyone help me get a working OS again??? I can still boot to twrp, but it's not allowing any installation of any OS.

Thanks
12th August 2014, 01:25 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 562

2,950 posts
Donate to Me
More
What version of TWRP are you using? You might need to update to a newer version. If you are really stuck, then you can restock with Odin and redo the recovery/rom/etc.
12th August 2014, 01:30 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

15 posts
Try to replace updater binary in zip with another version. Try to use stock rom binary
12th August 2014, 01:33 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

What version of TWRP are you using? You might need to update to a newer version. If you are really stuck, then you can restock with Odin and redo the recovery/rom/etc.

I'm using TWRP v2.7.1.0

I have no idea how to update a binary.
12th August 2014, 01:39 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 562

2,950 posts
Donate to Me
More
If you are wanting to stick with CM10.2 over CM11, then try one of the older TWRPs like 2.6.3.0. Or download the CM11 zip for your phone and use 7zip to open as archive and you can grab the binary in the folder META-INF > com > google > android > update-binary from it and move it to the other zip in the same spot. Make sure to open as archive because if you unzip, it will break the zip's signature and not flash correctly either.
12th August 2014, 05:44 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

If you are wanting to stick with CM10.2 over CM11, then try one of the older TWRPs like 2.6.3.0. Or download the CM11 zip for your phone and use 7zip to open as archive and you can grab the binary in the folder META-INF > com > google > android > update-binary from it and move it to the other zip in the same spot. Make sure to open as archive because if you unzip, it will break the zip's signature and not flash correctly either.

Ok, so I've found the binary you were talking about. What do I change? The error that I currently get (like many other threads that address a similar issue, but not this particular one) is "Error executing updater binary in zip '/external_sd/cm-11-20140210-SNAPSHOT-M3-d2spr.zip'"

At this point, can you tell me how to reset to factory? I think I could accomplish what I'm going for if i could get back to factory again.
13th August 2014, 12:56 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdudeness

I'm using TWRP v2.7.1.0

I have no idea how to update a binary.

Ok I've had no phone for 3 days now. I just want to factory reset. I have a U.S. Sprint Galaxy s3. I can boot to download mode and that's about it. What files do I need to put into odin to get this flashed to stock?? Could you provide links also?
13th August 2014, 01:30 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Wherever I am
Thanks Meter: 1,056

3,530 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdudeness

Ok I've had no phone for 3 days now. I just want to factory reset. I have a U.S. Sprint Galaxy s3. I can boot to download mode and that's about it. What files do I need to put into odin to get this flashed to stock?? Could you provide links also?

Follow this guide - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565972

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread