Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,550 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unable to Delete Files in SD Card After Rooting

Tip us?

juneasayjr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Unable to Delete Files in SD Card After Rooting

Hi! I am a newbie and I hope someone can help me here.

A few hours ago, I rooted my ZTE V987 using Framaroot. I checked was able to root it successfully and then I started downloading apps such as Titanium Backup, Link2SD, NoBloat Free, Greenify, Cerberus, etc.

Everything was working very well but then when I was trying to delete a few movies from my SD card, I was suddenly getting this message saying "No permission to delete." I am not getting the message on every file but I 100% sure that I wasn't getting that error prior to rooting my phone.

Also, how do I make my SD card as the default download location for my apps? I am really confused. I never thought it would be this complicated. I do not want to install a custom rom but I rooted my phone because I want to use my SD card as the default phone storage. Also, I heard that I can enhance the battery life of my phone. Does Greenify automatically do it?

Those may be dumb questions but I hope someone can help me.
Thanks in advance!

prashantvrm
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneasayjr View Post
Hi! I am a newbie and I hope someone can help me here.

A few hours ago, I rooted my ZTE V987 using Framaroot. I checked was able to root it successfully and then I started downloading apps such as Titanium Backup, Link2SD, NoBloat Free, Greenify, Cerberus, etc.

Everything was working very well but then when I was trying to delete a few movies from my SD card, I was suddenly getting this message saying "No permission to delete." I am not getting the message on every file but I 100% sure that I wasn't getting that error prior to rooting my phone.

Also, how do I make my SD card as the default download location for my apps? I am really confused. I never thought it would be this complicated. I do not want to install a custom rom but I rooted my phone because I want to use my SD card as the default phone storage. Also, I heard that I can enhance the battery life of my phone. Does Greenify automatically do it?

Those may be dumb questions but I hope someone can help me.
Thanks in advance!
Firstly connecr your device to PC and try to delete those file that ypu want
Its strange that you are getting permission error in deleting sd card files
May be your SD card is damaged.