[Q] Unlocking bootloader on S4 SCH i545

OP DavidHXC91

28th August 2014, 02:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
More
Hello all,

I have a problem as I have heard it is currently impossible to unlock the bootloader on my phone which is a Galaxy S4 SCH i545. OS 4.4.2 Kernel version 3.4.0 and build NC5. I would like to be running CyanogenMod.
Also, It is currently rooted via the new Towelroot hack.
I am wondering if a possible option would be to revert to a previous android build where it would be possible yet to unlock the bootoader.
Has anyone done this? If so, how far back should I go and what is the best way to do this? Thank you for your help.
The Following User Says Thank You to DavidHXC91 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 02:19 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 585

3,081 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHXC91

Hello all,

I have a problem as I have heard it is currently impossible to unlock the bootloader on my phone which is a Galaxy S4 SCH i545. OS 4.4.2 Kernel version 3.4.0 and build NC5. I would like to be running CyanogenMod.
Also, It is currently rooted via the new Towelroot hack.
I am wondering if a possible option would be to revert to a previous android build where it would be possible yet to unlock the bootoader.
Has anyone done this? If so, how far back should I go and what is the best way to do this? Thank you for your help.

No can do. Unfortunately there is no way to do what you are wanting. Since 4.3 there's been no way to downgrade to anything useful and no way to unlock the bootloader.
28th August 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

No can do. Unfortunately there is no way to do what you are wanting. Since 4.3 there's been no way to downgrade to anything useful and no way to unlock the bootloader.

Well that is extremely discouraging to hear. I will probably have to buy a different phone eventually. Do you happen to know if there's a safestrap OS for it that's worth doing?
28th August 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 585

3,081 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHXC91

Well that is extremely discouraging to hear. I will probably have to buy a different phone eventually. Do you happen to know if there's a safestrap OS for it that's worth doing?

Hyperdrive is my fav TW rom for your phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
custom roms, nc5, sch i545, unlocked bootloader
Previous Thread Next Thread