Ask a question

No registration required

Unlocking HTC one, failed 10 times

OP searayman

21st August 2014, 12:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
I am in a foreign country and trying to get service. I have was not familiar with sim cards changing before this. So I put in the new sim card and when it was asking for my unlock code for my phone I kept typing in my sim card phone number.....

Then I realized it was the code for un-locking the device. I then paid to get an un-lock code and when I type it in after placing the sim card in it fails every time.

After doing some research online it sounds like if I failed ten times it hard locks. Is there anyway to break the hard lock so I can type in the right code to unlock my phone?
22nd August 2014, 04:35 AM   |  #2  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 472

1,201 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by searayman

I am in a foreign country and trying to get service. I have was not familiar with sim cards changing before this. So I put in the new sim card and when it was asking for my unlock code for my phone I kept typing in my sim card phone number.....

Then I realized it was the code for un-locking the device. I then paid to get an un-lock code and when I type it in after placing the sim card in it fails every time.

After doing some research online it sounds like if I failed ten times it hard locks. Is there anyway to break the hard lock so I can type in the right code to unlock my phone?

You should try asking in the HTC One forum.
22nd August 2014, 04:51 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 590

3,105 posts
Donate to Me
More
Which HTC One is it? You might be able to unlock via root + S-off + config.dat unlock.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread