Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,420 Members 37,201 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Update Nexus 5

Tip us?

D5R
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Update Nexus 5

Hello,

I Have a Nexus 5 with root, stock rom, Franco Kernel and the custom recovery is TWRP. I accomplished this by following a guide around this forum, I know very little about Android. The Android version i'm running is the 4.4.2 and the phone keeps asking me to update do the newer version, however, when I try to do it, it takes me to the TWRP menu, and when I try to install it there, I get this error:

"/system/bin/thermal-engine-hh" has unexpected contents
E: Error executing updater binary in zip
Error flashing zip

How can I update the phone to the newer version of android? Can anyone help me? Thanks.

lionelsuyog
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by D5R View Post
Hello,

I Have a Nexus 5 with root, stock rom, Franco Kernel and the custom recovery is TWRP. I accomplished this by following a guide around this forum, I know very little about Android. The Android version i'm running is the 4.4.2 and the phone keeps asking me to update do the newer version, however, when I try to do it, it takes me to the TWRP menu, and when I try to install it there, I get this error:

"/system/bin/thermal-engine-hh" has unexpected contents
E: Error executing updater binary in zip
Error flashing zip

How can I update the phone to the newer version of android? Can anyone help me? Thanks.
That is the faulty zip, or the zip is not meant for your device! Maybbe, you should post this in Nexus 5 forum!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/help

D5R
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionelsuyog View Post
That is the faulty zip, or the zip is not meant for your device! Maybbe, you should post this in Nexus 5 forum!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/help
Thanks, i'll do that!