Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Question [Q] Control android phone from pc?? Pick up call and stuff??

OP emregezgin

16th December 2011, 12:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 0

30 posts
More
Is it possible to do this with android?

I am looking for a system which can make a windows pc remote controle an android phone, just like a bluetooth headset..

I want it to pick up call's as a minimum, but it would be cool if i can dial and make calls from the pc and receive/answer sms..

Does anybody know a program/app that can do this?

Over wifi or bluetooth.. Both can be used..
16th December 2011, 03:29 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Wherever I am
Thanks Meter: 1,057

3,530 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emregezgin

Is it possible to do this with android?

I am looking for a system which can make a windows pc remote controle an android phone, just like a bluetooth headset..

I want it to pick up call's as a minimum, but it would be cool if i can dial and make calls from the pc and receive/answer sms..

Does anybody know a program/app that can do this?

Over wifi or bluetooth.. Both can be used..

You could try this: https://market.android.com/details?i...XZlbG9wLnJtIl0.
17th June 2012, 09:58 PM   |  #3  

1 posts
"Remote Phone Call" by JustRemotePhone
Hello,

We have developed an application which allows to call numbers on Android phones through a PC. The app also allows to pick up calls.

Look for the trail version of "Remote Phone Call" at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=justPhone.remotePhoneTrial or for the full version at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=justPhone.remotePhone

Since we have replaced our traditional office phones by mobile phones, we use our app every day by ourselves in conjunction with a Mono-Overhead-Bluetooth headset.

With the last version we have also a Microsoft Office integration for Outlook, Word and Excel. This integration allows calling of contacts, mail sender and recipients, numbers from editor text and Excel cell contents.

I hope this helps

Thomas.
JustRemotePhone@gmail.com
24th August 2012, 05:09 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 54

199 posts
More
You can try our new app, VMLite VNC Server, which allows you to control phones and tablets from a PC or from another device:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ncserver&hl=en
17th October 2012, 11:42 AM   |  #5  

5 posts
Controll a call 100% from mac
Hi

I have tried the different apps in this thread. But nothing helps me with my problem.

The setup.

I have my phone at one place (Denmark) and my macbook pro at another (France). so they can not be cabled together and they are not on the same WIFI.

The functions i need.

Make phone call from my macbook
Answer phone call on my macbook
send sms from my macbook

The benefit
I can call my friends at the place where my phone is (Denmark) at normal danish tarifs with my normal danish number but from my computer at the second place (France).
17th October 2012, 02:02 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,483

3,666 posts
Donate to Me
Is google voice an option?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium
17th October 2012, 10:25 PM   |  #7  

5 posts
No.

Im not sure that google voice can solve this problem
Last edited by H-Aaen; 17th October 2012 at 10:53 PM.
5th January 2013, 03:27 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1

31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas JRP

Hello,

We have developed an application which allows to call numbers on Android phones through a PC. The app also allows to pick up calls.

Look for the trail version of "Remote Phone Call" at https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...motePhoneTrial or for the full version at https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ne.remotePhone

Since we have replaced our traditional office phones by mobile phones, we use our app every day by ourselves in conjunction with a Mono-Overhead-Bluetooth headset.

With the last version we have also a Microsoft Office integration for Outlook, Word and Excel. This integration allows calling of contacts, mail sender and recipients, numbers from editor text and Excel cell contents.

I hope this helps

Thomas.
JustRemotePhone@gmail.com

Just discovered this app tonight.. fantastic! With some additional tweaking I've managed to set it up so I can make and receive calls using the onboard speakers and microphone of my laptop. Here's how I did it in case anyone else wants to give it a try:

1. Download Remote Phone Call from the Market - I used the trial version to test this but will be getting the full one based on the results!

2. Install on your phone and laptop (Win 7 x64 in my case)

3. Connect using Bluetooth NOT wireless (in fact disable wireless connectivity in the Remote Phone Call app options on your phone)

4. Pair your phone (Galaxy Note 2 in my case) to your laptop over Bluetooth

5. Goto Control Panel, Devices and Printers.. you should see your phone here if you've paired it right

6. Right-Click it, click Properties, then the Services tab and tick them all. Click Apply

7. Windows will install the drivers it needs but will probably fail on Bluetooth Peripheral Device
Go here and follow the instructions - make sure you get the right version for your machine (32-bit driver / 64-bit driver).
There's also links for AMD CPU versions on the same page (scroll down to the bottom left)

8. Assuming you get the missing driver installed, start Remote Phone Call in Windows and click on the Bluetooth headset icon at the top (choose your laptop name from the list)

That should do it!

One request... if you could add a dialpad to the Windows app (for navigating IVR menus etc) that would make this even better!

Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to kaiser2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 06:21 PM   |  #9  

1 posts
did you find this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Aaen

Hi

I have tried the different apps in this thread. But nothing helps me with my problem.

The setup.

I have my phone at one place (Denmark) and my macbook pro at another (France). so they can not be cabled together and they are not on the same WIFI.

The functions i need.

Make phone call from my macbook
Answer phone call on my macbook
send sms from my macbook

The benefit
I can call my friends at the place where my phone is (Denmark) at normal danish tarifs with my normal danish number but from my computer at the second place (France).

Hey,

Did you find a solution for this? I want to do the same and that would be amazing. I'm not able to find an app that can do this. I know it should work through a fixed IP of DYNS. The app 'remote phone call' is getting close, but still you can't call from the PC of Mac and also only from the same network.

Would be very nice if you found a sollution. I think this is what a lot of travellers are waiting for

Thanks,
Sven
27th March 2013, 02:20 PM   |  #10  
OP Member
Flag Copenhagen

30 posts
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser2000

Just discovered this app tonight.. fantastic! With some additional tweaking I've managed to set it up so I can make and receive calls using the onboard speakers and microphone of my laptop. Here's how I did it in case anyone else wants to give it a try:

1. Download Remote Phone Call from the Market - I used the trial version to test this but will be getting the full one based on the results!

2. Install on your phone and laptop (Win 7 x64 in my case)

3. Connect using Bluetooth NOT wireless (in fact disable wireless connectivity in the Remote Phone Call app options on your phone)

4. Pair your phone (Galaxy Note 2 in my case) to your laptop over Bluetooth

5. Goto Control Panel, Devices and Printers.. you should see your phone here if you've paired it right

6. Right-Click it, click Properties, then the Services tab and tick them all. Click Apply

7. Windows will install the drivers it needs but will probably fail on Bluetooth Peripheral Device
Go here and follow the instructions - make sure you get the right version for your machine (32-bit driver / 64-bit driver).
There's also links for AMD CPU versions on the same page (scroll down to the bottom left)

8. Assuming you get the missing driver installed, start Remote Phone Call in Windows and click on the Bluetooth headset icon at the top (choose your laptop name from the list)

That should do it!

One request... if you could add a dialpad to the Windows app (for navigating IVR menus etc) that would make this even better!

Cheers

I cant make it work.. What bluetooth card do you have?? Broadcom right??
Do you know what chip it has? and where did you get the driver??

Thx so far... It looks like i am so close to my goal.. If i can make this work then my carpc will be perfect

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android pc remote control, bluetooth, pick up call, wifi, windows
Previous Thread Next Thread