Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Using Android in China = Extreme battery drain / Google blocked

30th March 2015, 08:29 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

106 posts
More
I stay in China a lot of the time, and swap to a Chinese sim when I'm here.

The problem is, that, China as of the beginning of this year has now effectively blocked ALL of Google's services. I wouldn't mind it that much, but it's causing an extreme battery drain on my Note 3.
I can be sure it's a problem from the Google block, because I used this phone last year when Google was not yet completely blocked without problem, and now, when outside China the battery life is as expected.

This is probably due to the wakelocks or alarms when the phone tries to ping or communicate with Google services.

The phone gets noticeably hot in my pocket ALL the time.

Biggest battery drains are always listed as "Google play services" and "Android system". Again, only happens in China. Connecting the phone to a VPN helps, but that's not a solution. It eats up my data a lot.

TL;DR: China's block of Google is causing massive battery drain in my android phone.

So my question is, how can I "disable" or de-googleify my phone temporarily or even permanently? I've tried "disabler" apps, that don't seem to help. Is it safe to just completely uninstall Google Play services? My problem is I am still tied to Google for contacts, emails and such, so I still need that functionality.
30th March 2015, 08:31 AM |#2  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 36

177 posts
U can greenify google play services
Search on xda about greenify

Sent from my Aqua T6 using Tapatalk 2
30th March 2015, 08:37 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

106 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeelraj

U can greenify google play services
Search on xda about greenify

Sent from my Aqua T6 using Tapatalk 2

I've used greenify since my last Android phone.
I've greenified almost every non essential app on my phone already, Google play services is not in that list.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread