Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,110 Members 41,705 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Viber Contacts + Viber account + Asus Memo Pad HD7

Tip us?
 
noooneh
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Mar 2014
Unhappy Viber Contacts + Viber account + Asus Memo Pad HD7

Dear friends,

I have Asus Memo Pad HD7 Android 4.2.2, with Viber on it. I have a problem of not being able to update contacts on it

I noticed the following:

1- Viber usually allows to pull and release contacts to update, but i can't on this device.
2- I have a Galaxy note 10.1 (N8000) which in the "Accounts" section of android settings has (a Viber Account), but can't find it on Memo Pad.

I hope there's a way to figure out what to do, is it an android problem that need a new ROM? or a Viber Problem? Does rooting help?
 
Viber Team
Old
#2  
Viber Team's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 525
Posts: 1,365
Join Date: Feb 2011
Hi,

For assistance with your contact list sync issues, you can read this article: http://bit.ly/1jLF5M0


Quote:
Originally Posted by noooneh View Post
Dear friends,

I have Asus Memo Pad HD7 Android 4.2.2, with Viber on it. I have a problem of not being able to update contacts on it

I noticed the following:

1- Viber usually allows to pull and release contacts to update, but i can't on this device.
2- I have a Galaxy note 10.1 (N8000) which in the "Accounts" section of android settings has (a Viber Account), but can't find it on Memo Pad.

I hope there's a way to figure out what to do, is it an android problem that need a new ROM? or a Viber Problem? Does rooting help?
An official representative of Viber Media (Viber app.)
 
noooneh
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viber Team View Post
Hi,

For assistance with your contact list sync issues, you can read this article:
Dear sir,

no wonder the article wasn't helpful. I'm talking about a whole mechanism absent in this device (but surely exists for samsung at least). Which is viber syncing.


Again: on this device, the ability of pull and release is totally absent. In addition, I can add a google account, Facebook account, even a dropbox account, but I can't add a viber account... so syncing is totally absent ON MEMO PAD HD7

Your article explains how to use this feature right, but the problem is that you don't support it on this device
 
Viber Team
Old
#4  
Viber Team's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 525
Posts: 1,365
Join Date: Feb 2011
All devices running Android have the same features. There aren't certain features that are present on Samsung devices that won't be present on you Acer Memo Pad.

Please make sure that you have the latest version of Viber (version 4.3.3) on your tablet. The pull and release feature is available on that version.

Should you continue experiencing issues, please contact our support team here: http://bit.ly/1aOwGy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by noooneh View Post
Dear sir,

no wonder the article wasn't helpful. I'm talking about a whole mechanism absent in this device (but surely exists for samsung at least). Which is viber syncing.


Again: on this device, the ability of pull and release is totally absent. In addition, I can add a google account, Facebook account, even a dropbox account, but I can't add a viber account... so syncing is totally absent ON MEMO PAD HD7

Your article explains how to use this feature right, but the problem is that you don't support it on this device
An official representative of Viber Media (Viber app.)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes