Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

[Solved] Vodafone SmartTab 4 - Update problems after ROOT

4th September 2014, 09:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
The SOLUTION for this Problem can be find on a german forum: android-hilfe.de
The Link to the solution is: android-hilfe.de/lenovo-allgemein/602909-vodafone-smarttab-4-update-problem-durch-root-4.html#post8038841

If wanted I can try to translate the solution... but my english is not so good. But if it is wanted i will do my best.

Hello community,

I and a few other german people have problems after Rooting the Vodafone SmartTab 4.

At first I would explain what i have done.
1.) Rooting the device with Framaroot -> all working good
2.) Want to flash the official 4.4.2 Update -> Warning that my device is rooted, but it is still downloaded
3.) Installing the Update -> getting this Error at automatic and manuel: Look at the Attachment please
4.) Unroot the Tablet with Framaroot -> didnīt function... Updater says the Tab is rootet... same if I trying it with the Unrootoption in SuperSU

I have the Original Recoverie on the Device and only the rooted Vodafone (yes i rooted it again... the unroot function correct, tested it with the Root Checker App).
Does anyone know a Custom Recoverie and a CustomROM for this Device? Or have anyone a Idea how i can put the 4.4.2 Update on this Device?

Thanks for all your help!

Sincerly Althalus

PS: If someone need the Update.zip from Vodafone... (<500MB) i can Post the Link in a PN.
PS2: From a other German i get the information that this Device should be a "Alcatel OneTouch Pop 8", Model: P323X, if this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Automatisch.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (85.8 KB, 15 views)
Last edited by Althalus; 9th September 2014 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Put picture to Attachments; adding PS2
4th September 2014, 10:27 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

53 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Althalus

Hello community,

I and a few other german people have problems after Rooting the Vodafone SmartTab 4.

At first I would explain what i have done.
1.) Rooting the device with Framaroot -> all working good
2.) Want to flash the official 4.4.2 Update -> Warning that my device is rooted, but it is still downloaded
3.) Installing the Update -> getting this Error at automatic and manuel: Look at the Attachment please
4.) Unroot the Tablet with Framaroot -> didnīt function... Updater says the Tab is rootet... same if I trying it with the Unrootoption in SuperSU

I have the Original Recoverie on the Device and only the rooted Vodafone (yes i rooted it again... the unroot function correct, tested it with the Root Checker App).
Does anyone know a Custom Recoverie and a CustomROM for this Device? Or have anyone a Idea how i can put the 4.4.2 Update on this Device?

Thanks for all your help!

Sincerly Althalus

PS: If someone need the Update.zip from Vodafone... (<500MB) i can Post the Link in a PN.
PS2: From a other German i get the information that this Device should be a "Alcatel OneTouch Pop 8", Model: P323X, if this helps.

Well, I would say sometimes some problems start to appear after rooting your device because of apps, look what previously going on over your device is its imposed by the limits of vendors and now all those apps are free to use in any manner the apps like. So, I would consider it as a demerit of rooting the device.
The Following User Says Thank You to promo87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 10:39 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Hamburg

3 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by promo87

Well, I would say sometimes some problems start to appear after rooting your device because of apps, look what previously going on over your device is its imposed by the limits of vendors and now all those apps are free to use in any manner the apps like. So, I would consider it as a demerit of rooting the device.

Okay... then it is as i thought.
Maybe i could get the original ROM. If this works... it would be great. Damn branded Devices... I would never buy such of them in the future.

Thanks for your reply promo87.
5th September 2014, 08:39 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 6

53 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Althalus

Okay... then it is as i thought.
Maybe i could get the original ROM. If this works... it would be great. Damn branded Devices... I would never buy such of them in the future.

Thanks for your reply promo87.

Well, yes you can get the original ROM try heading over to the sammobile/firmware section and putting your device appropriate information you can get the stock ROM available for your device. Then you can take the help of ODIN to flash that stock ROM over to your device.
5th September 2014, 09:55 PM   |  #5  

5 posts
i have the same problem
5th September 2014, 10:14 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Hamburg

3 posts
More
We are working to get the "original" 4.2.2 Rom. If can make it work on this *** Tab i would send you Link via PN MrLiakos. I cant post links at this time.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart Tab 4 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Android Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank