5,815,265 Members 39,181 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-R530X root help

Tip us?

jkw712
Old
(Last edited by jkw712; 14th January 2014 at 02:00 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-R530X root help

Ok I am looking for step by step instructions for a beginner on how to root sch-r530x on nex-tech wireless?

oman14
Old
Thanks Meter 1
hey i have the same phone. would you mind making a backup of the stock recovery so i can fix mine? and as for the root use the sprint method it worked great for me on 4.1.2 unless you are on the new update? i cant get to it i dont have the stock recovery so i cant ota.

jkw712
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I updated to 4.3 can I still root and where do I find the sprint method

Sent from my SCH-R530X using Tapatalk

oman14
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkw712 View Post
I updated to 4.3 can I still root and where do I find the sprint method

Sent from my SCH-R530X using Tapatalk
you can try this. if not let me see if i can find the guide i used. also when you get root would you mind letting me get a backup of system?
i tried to use the acid audio mod and its stuck on the boot screen. i did this all without backing up any of my stuff on 4.3 so i used my 4.1.2 backup and now my phone wont update back to 4.3 on kies

oman14
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Try this http://www.droidgator.com/how-to-roo...0-us-cellular/

jparnold09
Old
Thanks Meter 0
you need to download Odin 3.07, latest cwm recovery for US Cellular to your desktop.. download Knox remover(DeSamsungnizer) and super user.zip to your phone and leave them in your download folder, open Odin put your phone in download mode(volume down, power, and home button all together til you see warning) plug the cable that came with the phone into the computer and phone and wait for COM: ID to come up and then put the cwm .tar.md5 into the PDA part of Odin.. make sure auto reboot, f.reset time and repartition are NOT checked.. click start and let it run its process when it says pass do a battery pull, boot into recovery (volume up, power and home at the same time, til the samsung logo comes up ) once cwm touch recovery comes up, click on install zip from sd, go to your download folder and install your Knox remover.zip, then do the same with your superuser.zip and reboot you SHOULD be rooted now its a very simple process I might be able to post links of the downloads for you. if you have any questions let me know.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparnold09 View Post
you need to download Odin 3.07, latest cwm recovery for US Cellular to your desktop.. download Knox remover(DeSamsungnizer) and super user.zip to your phone and leave them in your download folder, open Odin put your phone in download mode(volume down, power, and home button all together til you see warning) plug the cable that came with the phone into the computer and phone and wait for COM: ID to come up and then put the cwm .tar.md5 into the PDA part of Odin.. make sure auto reboot, f.reset time and repartition are NOT checked.. click start and let it run its process when it says pass do a battery pull, boot into recovery (volume up, power and home at the same time, til the samsung logo comes up ) once cwm touch recovery comes up, click on install zip from sd, go to your download folder and install your Knox remover.zip, then do the same with your superuser.zip and reboot you SHOULD be rooted now its a very simple process I might be able to post links of the downloads for you. if you have any questions let me know.
this way will VOID your warranty and I take no responsibility if you brick your phone.. Tryer beware lol though normally i can get you back to stock as long as you can get into download mode. i do have the stock 4.3 rom file location if you need it.