Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Root Guide to Samsung galaxy trend plus GT-7580

4th January 2014, 05:16 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

25 posts
I have an Samsung galaxy trend plus GT-7580, Europian version. (sorry my english) and I want it to be rooted. Is there any guide to how to root this phone?
4th January 2014, 08:19 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I have an GT-7580 galaxy trend plus, european too.
I confirm root with Kingo root: easy, functional and secure!
Search kingo root, download the windows program, active the "USB Debugging" on the developpers mode (activate this menu in Setting -> More -> About Device -> 5 or 6 clicks at BUILD NUMBER), install and run the program with the phone connected....et voilą!
5th January 2014, 06:03 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauviga

I have an GT-7580 galaxy trend plus, european too.
I confirm root with Kingo root: easy, functional and secure!
Search kingo root, download the windows program, active the "USB Debugging" on the developpers mode (activate this menu in Setting -> More -> About Device -> 5 or 6 clicks at BUILD NUMBER), install and run the program with the phone connected....et voilą!

But wasn't that program banned from xda, because it install some nasty malware?
8th January 2014, 01:27 AM |#4  

6 posts
I used VRoot to root mine. Found out about it randomly (someone said they managed to root a phone with it) and, luckily, it was compatible with the S7580 as well.

I'm waiting for some custom roms now.
8th January 2014, 08:06 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by triphu86

I used VRoot to root mine. Found out about it randomly (someone said they managed to root a phone with it) and, luckily, it was compatible with the S7580 as well.

I'm waiting for some custom roms now.

I used the vroot. It seem legit. And I strip off alot of bloatware. plus I removed the vroot own su with the normal su.
The Following User Says Thank You to HenryStar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th January 2014, 08:52 PM |#6  

6 posts
Same here. I'm not sure how much of the rumors were true (about vRoot being malware and all that), but it helped me a bunch when there were no other alternatives. The support for S7580 is very limited at the moment and it was difficult to find even a way to root it.

All in all, I'm happy with it. Same as you HenryStar, I removed a bunch of stock crap I wasn't using and replaced the chinese SU app with SuperSU. So far so good; can't wait for people to start taking an interest in this phone so we can have some alternatives to the stock rom.

By the way, did you manage to install any recovery on it?
9th January 2014, 08:48 PM |#7  
Flag Ploiesti
Thanks Meter: 12

118 posts
More
i have that phone to...lets hope that they will make a treath for trend plus..lets see...so we rooted the phone..wath did u make overclock?? or something to him?
10th January 2014, 02:51 AM |#8  

6 posts
I don't usually overclock my phones. Besides, the S7580 is rather snappy and I'm not sure the minimal improvement is worth the extra stress on the CPU.

Still waiting and hoping for a separate section for it.
13th January 2014, 07:24 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

25 posts
Sorry if I was late with my answer and no, I tried to install custom recovery. I gonna test this so I can get an custom recovery on this phone in the futher.
The Following User Says Thank You to HenryStar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2014, 11:52 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 28

198 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryStar

Sorry if I was late with my answer and no, I tried to install custom recovery. I gonna test this so I can get an custom recovery on this phone in the futher.

It will be nice, please continue your work :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-S7580 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread