No registration required

[Q] ZTE Grand S II (S291) Root and Recovery Problem

OP Gadosagi

25th August 2014, 10:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hi,
I have been trying too Root my S291 for a whole day yesterday. I followed this manual by jozco313:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2762565
I tried doing it on two different computers and I had the same problem in both. After I install the drivers on the computer and enabling USB Debugging I open the Root tool and click on the first option, after that my phone shut off (maybe it's still on but with blank screen I'm saying that cause after I click the first button on the Root tool I hear USB disconnect sound and after a second+- I hear the USB connect sound meaning maybe the phone did reboot itself like it supposed to but nothing is happening on the computer or on the phone).
What can I do?
Btw the phone came with a multilanguage Stock ROM B04, today I managed to update the ROM to B11 and tried the root again but I had the exact same problem.

Thanks
25th August 2014, 11:59 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 590

3,105 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadosagi

Hi,
I have been trying too Root my S291 for a whole day yesterday. I followed this manual by jozco313:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2762565
I tried doing it on two different computers and I had the same problem in both. After I install the drivers on the computer and enabling USB Debugging I open the Root tool and click on the first option, after that my phone shut off (maybe it's still on but with blank screen I'm saying that cause after I click the first button on the Root tool I hear USB disconnect sound and after a second+- I hear the USB connect sound meaning maybe the phone did reboot itself like it supposed to but nothing is happening on the computer or on the phone).
What can I do?
Btw the phone came with a multilanguage Stock ROM B04, today I managed to update the ROM to B11 and tried the root again but I had the exact same problem.

Thanks

Did you run the program as Admin? You might need to disable your anti-virus program momentarily as some of them see these programs as threats and stop them from working correctly and sometimes quarantine the files held within that programs folder. Plus there's no talk of whether or not that method even works on B11 now. But if you go back to that thread on the last current page or 2 they speak of your issue and what was done to resolve. Once again, now that you are on B11, this root method might or might not work anyway.
5th September 2014, 10:28 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadosagi

Hi,
What can I do?

Thanks

I'm having the same problem
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread