Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,143 Members 54,471 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ZTE Grand S II (S291) Root and Recovery Problem

Tip us?

Gadosagi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] ZTE Grand S II (S291) Root and Recovery Problem

Hi,
I have been trying too Root my S291 for a whole day yesterday. I followed this manual by jozco313:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2762565
I tried doing it on two different computers and I had the same problem in both. After I install the drivers on the computer and enabling USB Debugging I open the Root tool and click on the first option, after that my phone shut off (maybe it's still on but with blank screen I'm saying that cause after I click the first button on the Root tool I hear USB disconnect sound and after a second+- I hear the USB connect sound meaning maybe the phone did reboot itself like it supposed to but nothing is happening on the computer or on the phone).
What can I do?
Btw the phone came with a multilanguage Stock ROM B04, today I managed to update the ROM to B11 and tried the root again but I had the exact same problem.

Thanks

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 519

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadosagi View Post
Hi,
I have been trying too Root my S291 for a whole day yesterday. I followed this manual by jozco313:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2762565
I tried doing it on two different computers and I had the same problem in both. After I install the drivers on the computer and enabling USB Debugging I open the Root tool and click on the first option, after that my phone shut off (maybe it's still on but with blank screen I'm saying that cause after I click the first button on the Root tool I hear USB disconnect sound and after a second+- I hear the USB connect sound meaning maybe the phone did reboot itself like it supposed to but nothing is happening on the computer or on the phone).
What can I do?
Btw the phone came with a multilanguage Stock ROM B04, today I managed to update the ROM to B11 and tried the root again but I had the exact same problem.

Thanks
Did you run the program as Admin? You might need to disable your anti-virus program momentarily as some of them see these programs as threats and stop them from working correctly and sometimes quarantine the files held within that programs folder. Plus there's no talk of whether or not that method even works on B11 now. But if you go back to that thread on the last current page or 2 they speak of your issue and what was done to resolve. Once again, now that you are on B11, this root method might or might not work anyway.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)

tecuan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadosagi View Post
Hi,
What can I do?

Thanks
I'm having the same problem