Does ZTE Max 2 have custom recovery / root available?

Search This thread

Moon83

Mar 10, 2012
Orlando
Probably no recovery yet but you can try Kingroot app to root the device. I have the first Zmax since it first came out and it was a pnta to mod. We were able to use Kingroot to root it but have to flash scripts to maintain r/w acess. Don't get me wrong the phone without root is still a great bang for the buck. If I were you I would read through the original Zmax forum.

FireROR

May 22, 2010
No root right now. srsroot announced couple time but never worked. Kingroot tried some new way but still failed at the end.

stephencapes

Dec 2, 2007
Fastboot disabled

The ZTE ZMax 2 (Z958) from what I have discovered has a disabled fastboot. Without fastboot we will not be able to unlock the boot loader. Which in turn will not allow us to flash a alternative recovery.

handyman509

Apr 6, 2012
zmax2 z955l

can any one help, just bought this zmax2 z955l phone from a non-profit organization but it kept asking for the previous email that was sync with the phone last.

merlinx

Jul 28, 2006
Any new developments on this? I am running out of space and would like to use link2sd but it tells me I need Root access.

xSpartacusx

Mar 3, 2015
Strange, I don't see ZTE Max 2 forum, so naturally I thought I'd post here.
Phone looks great on paper, but not sure if we can mod it. Thanks!
I have a potential root on my zmax 2. I got kingoroot on my computer and rooted it with a charging USB cord. Kingo root said it was successful and its super user app asked for root acces .

However when I download an app that uses roo . It would ask for permission uponnhitting the allow button, after a while it would say access denied.

Also root checkers will say it isn't rooted... I hope this helps at all. I guess you could say its like a semi-root. I do not know, however, if it stays after I reboot the phone

tianyichen

Sep 15, 2010
Kingo PC is actually working!!! but the kingo's superuser app has some problem with. you have to Deny and Allow the app that request for root couple times. Or you can uninstall the kingo superuser app in order to get root. But this is only a Temp root. Hopefully someone can compile a twrp for Zmax2 and hopefully we can use flashify to flash twrp..

xSpartacusx

Mar 3, 2015
Kingo PC is actually working!!! but the kingo's superuser app has some problem with. you have to Deny and Allow the app that request for root couple times. Or you can uninstall the kingo superuser app in order to get root. But this is only a Temp root. Hopefully someone can compile a twrp for Zmax2 and hopefully we can use flashify to flash twrp..
Um if you uninstall the super user app from Kingo and get like SuperSU, it requires that it get the binarys however it won't ever get them and basically you're stuck on a temp rooted phone..

yoandyhd

Jan 30, 2017
stock recovery

Probably no recovery yet but you can try Kingroot app to root the device. I have the first Zmax since it first came out and it was a pnta to mod. We were able to use Kingroot to root it but have to flash scripts to maintain r/w acess. Don't get me wrong the phone without root is still a great bang for the buck. If I were you I would read through the original Zmax forum.

I have a ZTE ZTEX2 model Z955A, by mistake, I installed a customized recovery of another model and now I can not access the recovery mode, the black screen remains and I have to restart so that the cell phone can restart, can you help me to restore the stock recovery?

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

I have a ZTE ZTEX2 model Z955A, by mistake, I installed a customized recovery of another model and now I can not access the recovery mode, the black screen remains and I have to restart so that the cell phone can restart, can you help me to restore the original recovery?

Rokrfan

Mar 23, 2016
Is anyone still on this? I was able to gain perm root I believe. After reboot, root sticks. I followed a guide to turn off nand / system write protection using ADB, then was able to use PC KingoRoot. In adb I used "adb reboot disemmcwp" to disable write protection. To re-enable it says to issue this command "adb reboot emmcwpenab". Here is the link to the post I used before attempting PC KingoRoot

http://androidforums.com/threads/zte-write-protection-for-zmax-and-other-zte-phones.1040331/

Reactions: Jesseferd

w0rdie

Jan 26, 2007
Austin, TX
Is anyone still on this? I was able to gain perm root I believe. After reboot, root sticks. I followed a guide to turn off nand / system write protection using ADB, then was able to use PC KingoRoot. In adb I used "adb reboot disemmcwp" to disable write protection. To re-enable it says to issue this command "adb reboot emmcwpenab". Here is the link to the post I used before attempting PC KingoRoot

http://androidforums.com/threads/zte-write-protection-for-zmax-and-other-zte-phones.1040331/

This was a huge help - thanks for posting it.

Top Liked Posts