Search This thread

creagrox

Feb 21, 2012
Ranchi, Jharkhand
Xiaomi Poco F1
Official Thread for the Funbook Infinity

We Have a ROM, That Too a CM10! Check it out here
Credits for modifying the CM10 for A13 ROM for our device goes to Kgarg
Now i dont deny it takes a little bit more than a running brain to perform the steps without any casualties, but wherever you get stuck just ping us, we shall solve it.

Breath a totally awesome new life right now.

Post anything here.

Want to know the best apps for anything, ANYTHING. (Just please dont ask for the APKs)
Have a homescreen to show-off?
Things you are using it for...
...And anything you want to share with the whole wide world (Well, at least XDA)

Lets make this thread the almighty storage box for everything P275 cummunity,The Cummunity Infinite

This thread is also meant for those out there who our new to our lovely Tablet and don't know where to start.
Anything worth noting will be put in the second post (With due credits).

Lets Join Hands, lets come together.

Last edited:

Shankermk

Nov 5, 2011
mysore
U guys should first check if its already unrooted . Cause the funbook come pre unrooted.
If not u can try a software called unroot me. It worked for my Funbook alpha.

ShivamC

Oct 22, 2012
3G dongle

Can anybody tell me how to use 3G dongle with funbook infinity?

I have Idea Net setter (Huwai) with Idea card.

creagrox

Feb 21, 2012
Ranchi, Jharkhand
Xiaomi Poco F1
hey, a big welcome shivam. you will love the people around here.

congrats on buying your first tablet.

i've heard that huawei cards do work on this one(mine is d-link so no cake for me).

but somehow, if we gain root. then most of the things will work in it.(things like bluetooth, gamepads)

all is not lost people, keep your hopes,and smiles up.

creagrox

Feb 21, 2012
Ranchi, Jharkhand
Xiaomi Poco F1

i've heard that huawei cards do work on this one(mine is d-link so no cake for me).

but somehow, if we gain root. then most of the things will work in it.(things like bluetooth, gamepads)

anshulsingh

Oct 23, 2012
Hi ,
Can the developers please mention which all methods have been tried and resulted in failure or bricking of the device. This may help other people to avoid those chances. Also has any one tried installing sparkyroot.apk . infinity has the same config as xtab.

creagrox

Feb 21, 2012
Ranchi, Jharkhand
Xiaomi Poco F1
Rooting

Here is the description of different methods i tried on it.

unlockroot: recognizes the device, flashes its name. but after "trying to get shell root permissions", it just returns to normal.

superoneclick: freezes on step 4 "failed to set prot mask"

Sparkyroot: doesnt even starts its process "SU binary not installed"

maybe the long way (the one used to get root permissions on pre-froyo era) through ADB may work here after some modifications, of course, but have no experience using adb :)))

did you guys try any other?

vijai2011

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 24, 2011
First i would like to say,i dont own this fun book tab...Im a proud owner of galaxy note...:D
Ok that being said,to gain root all you must need to do is push susperuser.apk to/system/app and its binary "su" to /system/bin to gain root...now you guys need to find a way to do this...if anybody knows to use adb you can try any exploit...;)sorry if you guys already know it :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

vijai2011

Oct 24, 2011
Or if you device runs android 4(ICS) you can try to put a cwm zip containing the required files in your external sd,boot ibto recovery and select apply update from external sdcard and select the zip.It might work in a easy way...;).Because afaik ics allows to install zips from external sd which are test signed...

Note1:The zip must be named update.zip to work.create the zip then sign it and pls dont edit anything after signing as it may break the signature

Note2:if you dono to enter recovery you can try "adb reboot recovery" command in adb(without quotes);)

Reactions: arunanson

ShivamC

Oct 22, 2012

@ creagrox, thanks for welcome note,

If I can use 3G dongle, definitely, I am interested in rooting.

I think there is no bluetooth in this funbook.

arunrawat2112

Oct 16, 2012
chennai
Or if you device runs android 4(ICS) you can try to put a cwm zip containing the required files in your external sd,boot ibto recovery and select apply update from external sdcard and select the zip.It might work in a easy way...;).Because afaik ics allows to install zips from external sd which are test signed...

Note1:The zip must be named update.zip to work.create the zip then sign it and pls dont edit anything after signing as it may break the signature

Note2:if you dono to enter recovery you can try "adb reboot recovery" command in adb(without quotes);)

all is done except u can't navigate into recovery as there r no volume keys.
secondly when i enter the command 'adb boot recoverey', it just restarted and not in recovery mode. same happens with the command 'adb boot download'.

Sent from my Micromax P275 using xda app-developers app

vijai2011

Oct 24, 2011
all is done except u can't navigate into recovery as there r no volume keys.
secondly when i enter the command 'adb boot recoverey', it just restarted and not in recovery mode. same happens with the command 'adb boot download'.

Sent from my Micromax P275 using xda app-developers app

I dono how this tabs recovery looks or how to enter recovery in this tab...but usually that command should take you to recovery...maybe their is something like s-off???but their is 90% chance that the above method will work once you are in recovery...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official Thread for the Funbook Infinity

We Have a ROM, That Too a CM10! Check it out here
    Credits for modifying the CM10 for A13 ROM for our device goes to Kgarg
    Now i dont deny it takes a little bit more than a running brain to perform the steps without any casualties, but wherever you get stuck just ping us, we shall solve it.

Breath a totally awesome new life right now.

Post anything here.

Want to know the best apps for anything, ANYTHING. (Just please dont ask for the APKs)
    Have a homescreen to show-off?
    Things you are using it for...
    ...And anything you want to share with the whole wide world (Well, at least XDA)

Lets make this thread the almighty storage box for everything P275 cummunity,The Cummunity Infinite

This thread is also meant for those out there who our new to our lovely Tablet and don't know where to start.
    Anything worth noting will be put in the second post (With due credits).

Lets Join Hands, lets come together.
    Guys,
    Just to inform you that I am developing a custom rom for
    "" Funbook Infinity ""
    The rom will be released in late Dec 2012...

Expecting your support...
    Dear all,
    Kindly follow this Namaste guide to root your funbook infinity.

Enjoy,
    Vaibhav
    A Million thanks to you ganesh, for taking an initiative down this direction.

But I have a suggestion, it would be awesome if you started the custom rom on top of cyanogen sources. Or better yet, all the dirty work has been already done by karndev, you two can develop it together.

Of course, stock won't be bad either. :)

Already karndev is developing for other Soc's like A13. Our infinity is a A13 tablet. so anyways we will get cm soon...
    Holy Mother Of God.

GAINED ROOT ACCESS.

everybody, please get yourself as soon as you can to this post.

the first phase is complete.

now on to the recovery part.

words cant thank vaibhav and bin4ry enough!

I have covered the recovery part too for you buddy in Namaste guide, enjoy scrollable CWM recovery.....:victory:

ciao,
    Vaibhav