Spoofing iphone client id for Android 2.2 Exchange client

Search This thread

muttley79

Aug 20, 2009
Hi,
My company only allows iphone, wm6 and blackberry to connect to the ActiveSync. They recently blocked all other "unauthorized" cleints.

Is there a way to spoof the client id, making the exchange server think I am connecting from an iPhone?

Maybe somewhere in the build.prop or similar ?

PhunkMaster

Apr 23, 2008
Plano, TX
Google Pixel 7 Pro
a68c51feebad196c349de5f014756818.png

I use touchdown and I think that you can be able to spoof the agent string right here.

0697c2ee10a5f3d65e00b1b5f27e5ba5.png

Here is a picture of what it looks like from the exchange server side (in case you care)

Reactions: Musti1997

courtlandre

Sep 29, 2007
Yeah, using touchdown if you change the string to iphone it should work. I was trying to get mine setup yesterday, but it wasnt working. Put iphone in there and it worked instantly.

untarded

Jun 13, 2008
I have the same problem. Can the device type string be modified in the stock mail app? If not, what is the correct entry for Windows Mobile 6.1 or 6.5?

macgar32

Dec 30, 2009
Hi,
My company only allows iphone, wm6 and blackberry to connect to the ActiveSync. They recently blocked all other "unauthorized" cleints.

Is there a way to spoof the client id, making the exchange server think I am connecting from an iPhone?

Maybe somewhere in the build.prop or similar ?

It probably has more to do with security than phone type...As android 2.1 does not allow complex passwords and remote wipe it is not allowed to sync.

shamowfski

Apr 13, 2006
Bumping this as I have the same issue. I would prefer to modify the existing email.apk instead of using touchdown. Anyone have any ideas?

pancakesmoon

Mar 19, 2011
DeviceID, DeviceType, User-Agent

Any new developments in this area?

As I am not an Exchange admin at my company, I have no access to the Exchange or TMG firewall logs, but Outlook Web Access reveals information about the mobile devices I have used in the past (OWA > Options > Mobile Devices)

Each "device" is known by three separate descriptors:
* DeviceID: I have read this: For Symbian devices it's the IMEI number that is used, for iPhones it's the serial number, for Windows Phone it's a GUID and for Android devices it's usually a hash of the IMEI.
* DeviceType: iPhone, htcbravo, Android, iPad, HTC_HD2 T8585, HTC Touch Pro1 T7373, Kaiser, HTC Touch HD T8282, (and for those querying about Windows Mobile: ) PocketPC/PPC/SmartPhone/variation of this, ... (please complete!)
* Web-Agent: Android-EAS/0.1, Apple-iPad1C1/803.148, Apple-iPhone3C1/803.148... (please complete!)

Touchdown allows you to change DeviceType only.
1) Does anyone know of any other alternatives to change the DeviceType, DeviceID or Web-Agent?
2) Does anyone have any idea about how to change the stock app/OS's DeviceID, DeviceType and/or Web-Agent?

Last edited:

black06c230

Mar 22, 2007
bump on this as well, i would like to use the stock email.apk but spoof it to thinking window device....as this would format viewing emails a little better for me

this would be away for us non-Touchdown users how prefer the stock email.apk to get what we would like

any chance someone could decompile the stock email.apk and look for any strings to change

ptdalen

Dec 13, 2010
I would also like the built in email.apk to be used. I don't HATE Touchdown, but I don't love it either. The built in e-mail program is simple and I just like it better. My issue is that my company only allows android to have full access with Touchdown. I can get my e-mail with the built in mail.apk program, but I cannot open attachments or forward messages. Upon further research it has to do with the device encryption exchange setting being enforced. Apparently only Touchdown truly supports this. I have tried a few hacked email.apks from a few of the threads here that fake these protocols and it still does not work for me.

My guess is that my company is only allowing attachments to be downloaded with "User Agent: TouchDown(MSRPC)/6.4.0002". Sorry for the long message. What I would like to know is where is the Useragent string stored? Can it be changed? I would change it to Touchdown or whatver Iphone shows up as.

Thanks!

goRt

Mar 19, 2007
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 8
I would also like the built in email.apk to be used. I don't HATE Touchdown, but I don't love it either. The built in e-mail program is simple and I just like it better. My issue is that my company only allows android to have full access with Touchdown. I can get my e-mail with the built in mail.apk program, but I cannot open attachments or forward messages. Upon further research it has to do with the device encryption exchange setting being enforced. Apparently only Touchdown truly supports this. I have tried a few hacked email.apks from a few of the threads here that fake these protocols and it still does not work for me.

My guess is that my company is only allowing attachments to be downloaded with "User Agent: TouchDown(MSRPC)/6.4.0002". Sorry for the long message. What I would like to know is where is the Useragent string stored? Can it be changed? I would change it to Touchdown or whatver Iphone shows up as.

Thanks!

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11356796&postcount=527

driz

Apr 15, 2006
Louisville
I'm also searching for how to do this... such a long time and no clear answer :( Obviously since we want to use the stock mail client, the last response of using EE isnt what we're looking for... This problem persists even through the latest versions of android, how hard can it possibly be to enable changing the "androidcXXXXXX" device id?

bkholy

Feb 26, 2013
Updates on Spoofing Outlook agent id

Any updates here? I would like to spoof the Outlook agent id from a laptop, on my android. Is there a way to do that?

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Did you ever figure it out?

Any new developments in this area?

As I am not an Exchange admin at my company, I have no access to the Exchange or TMG firewall logs, but Outlook Web Access reveals information about the mobile devices I have used in the past (OWA > Options > Mobile Devices)

Each "device" is known by three separate descriptors:
* DeviceID: I have read this: For Symbian devices it's the IMEI number that is used, for iPhones it's the serial number, for Windows Phone it's a GUID and for Android devices it's usually a hash of the IMEI.
* DeviceType: iPhone, htcbravo, Android, iPad, HTC_HD2 T8585, HTC Touch Pro1 T7373, Kaiser, HTC Touch HD T8282, (and for those querying about Windows Mobile: ) PocketPC/PPC/SmartPhone/variation of this, ... (please complete!)
* Web-Agent: Android-EAS/0.1, Apple-iPad1C1/803.148, Apple-iPhone3C1/803.148... (please complete!)

Touchdown allows you to change DeviceType only.
1) Does anyone know of any other alternatives to change the DeviceType, DeviceID or Web-Agent?
2) Does anyone have any idea about how to change the stock app/OS's DeviceID, DeviceType and/or Web-Agent?

JPman.PT

Feb 5, 2013
Sorry for the unburial of this thread...

But those anyone knows at this time any way to bypass this blockage from Exchange?
Any android email app that reports as an iPhone?

Best regards.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    a68c51feebad196c349de5f014756818.png

I use touchdown and I think that you can be able to spoof the agent string right here.

0697c2ee10a5f3d65e00b1b5f27e5ba5.png

Here is a picture of what it looks like from the exchange server side (in case you care)