In Windows, go to Control Panel and open Device Manager
Click any of the device groups you see there
From Action menu, select Add legacy hardware
Add hardware wizard will be opened, click next
Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)
Click next two times and click Have Disk button
Click browse and find where your driver .inf file is, then select it
Click Open and OK. You will see the drivers listed. Select your driver there and click next and finish installing.
Method 1(hard way):
1. Open Mtk Droid tool
make sure the indicator is green(as in image)
2. click on root,backup,recovery
3.click on backup button
it will take some time the "MtkDroidTools\backups"
Method 2(easier way):
For this you have cwm installed in your device.
1. Boot into cwm.
2. Select Backup and restore
3. Select Backup
4. Wait it will take time.
5. Done, reboot your device by selecting reboot.
6. Your backup is now created to your sd card(sdcard/clockworkmod/Backup/*here*).
Last edited by deathviper; 2nd January 2014 at 06:12 AM.
For CWM Recovery install
1. choose the Radiobutton "To choose the boot.img file".
2. Click on Recovery and Boot button.
3. Select the boot.img (actually, u have to first backup the rom(which is in the #4 post) after backup. boot.img is present in the mtkdroidtool/backups/"your backup folder"/" here is the boot.img")
4. Wait when it will done....
Method 2(easier way):
1. Download this
2. Copy it to root of the sd card(directly to sd card, not in any folder)
3. rename it to "recovery" (with out quotes " )
4. install MOBILE UNCLE TOOLS
5. Open it(make sure you have rooted).
6. Click on "Recovery Update".
7. Select recovery.img
8. done reboot it.
Carliv Touch Recovery
↔Touch is not working in recovery↔
1. Download it.
2. Make sure your phone is connected and driver are installed on system.
3. Run the program which you have downloaded, press ok on every Dialog Box.
4. Phone will be automatically reboots
Screen of Carliv Touch Recovery
Last edited by deathviper; 8th January 2014 at 06:39 AM.
Because this device have less internal storage and user can suffer "full storage error" and you can also install huge hd game with requires more than 600 mb of data and many storage for app installation too.
1. Install Root Explorer(make sure you have rooted.
2. Open system/etc
3. Open vold.fstab as a text file
4. Change "sdcard0" to "sdcard1" and vice versa
5. save and reboot
1. Download this file from attachment
2. Rename it to Vold.fstab(delete the ".txt")
3. Replace it with your Volt.fstab.(present in system/etc)
4. Set permission as:
2. Pie Control
I know that you all have faced some problem with this 5" device that you can't effectively use this with your one hand(if you can then you really have a huge hands). So here is its resolving. You can setup it by using back, menu, home, notification down and much more app and utilities. Here you can go for the steps.
1. Make sure you have rooted your device.
2. Download this from play store
3. Set up it with your idea
3. Engineer Mode
ENGINEER MODE help in editing hardware configuration of device, like audio level, camera settings ,network settings, GPS setting , etc
1. Open Dialer
2. Dial *#*#3646633#*#*
3. done but beware for unwanted result after using this mode
Last edited by deathviper; 5th January 2014 at 05:47 AM.
Reason: added easy method in swapping
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?