Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,981 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to increase your internal memory partition on your micromax a89

Tip us?
 
shahharis
Old
(Last edited by shahharis; 19th April 2013 at 03:11 AM.)
#1  
shahharis's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 52
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Srinagar
Default How to increase your internal memory partition on your micromax a89

This is the topic on how we can increase the internal storage of our phone which is actually 503 MB only but as we all know that our phone storage is around almost 2GB user available.. which is kind of waste for the people with mem card.. so there is a tool available online which does the partition of internal memory.. and hence we can convert phone storage into internal storage... I have tested this on micromax a89 only and it works like charm can be used for other mediatek phones..anyways so what you need is a rooted phone off course and any custom recovery installed on your phone.. backup using custom recovery before trying...otherwise you will loose all data.. I was using TWRP so I will write according to options in that recovery.. after backing up using recovery reboot and install the tool link given below... grant super user permissions... and a simple menu will come up showing the mem sizes choose any size below 2GB I chose 1GB and kept rest 1GB for phone.. u can choose whatever pleases u.(choosing 500MB will be waste as we already have that much internal space). After that reboot in recovery and wipe data/factory reset remember this is important otherwise your phone will end in boot loop..
In TWRP first wipe internal storage then do factory reset..after resetting using recovery.. and you will see your increased phone storage...
REMEMBER:You can restore your backup using recovery but be sure that backup of phone storage will be smaller than ur new phone storage... and restoring won't affect your new partition size..
Download link:http://www.4shared.com/android/E1DrK...tition_EN.html

Credits:http://gt35pro-mobile-gadgets.blogspot.com

If you find this useful hit Thanks
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to shahharis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
iamareebjamal
Old
#2  
iamareebjamal's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 4,701
Posts: 3,604
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Batcave
Share the tool, even its name or link


Not just a news that it works
 
BigMan0nCampus
Old
#3  
BigMan0nCampus's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 50
Join Date: Dec 2012
Please post a link or proof or something for us all to see

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
Phone: Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3

Tablet: ASUS Nexus 7

Android History: Huawei u8150, HTC Sensation, Samsung Galaxy S3, Nexus 7
 
shahharis
Old
#4  
shahharis's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 52
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Srinagar
Screenshots taken from mmx a89
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1366337169476.jpg
Views:	5832
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	1894235   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1366337196601.jpg
Views:	5020
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1894236   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1366337210721.jpg
Views:	4608
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	1894237   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1366337224090.jpg
Views:	4611
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	1894238  
 
shahharis
Old
#5  
shahharis's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 52
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Srinagar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMan0nCampus View Post
Please post a link or proof or something for us all to see

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
You got your proof..
 
shahharis
Old
#6  
shahharis's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 52
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Srinagar
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamareebjamal View Post
Share the tool, even its name or link


Not just a news that it works
I already did that
 
medohatem
Old
#7  
medohatem's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 79
Join Date: Jan 2013
Could it work on lg optimus p920 thank you :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda app-developers app
 
shahharis
Old
#8  
shahharis's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 52
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Srinagar
Quote:
Originally Posted by medohatem View Post
Could it work on lg optimus p920 thank you :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda app-developers app
Its only for phones having mediatek processors.. try searching Google may be you will find something there !
 
rishiandri
Old
#9  
rishiandri's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 153
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chennai
Thnx A Lot!! It Worked Very well On My A89 i chose 1gb option.. and i got 0.98gb internal total space and 1.58gb phone storage
 
BHARDIK
Old
#10  
BHARDIK's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 453
Posts: 589
Join Date: May 2012
Location: JAMNAGAR
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahharis View Post
This is the topic on how we can increase the internal storage of our phone which is actually 503 MB only but as we all know that our phone storage is around almost 2GB user available.. which is kind of waste for the people with mem card.. so there is a tool available online which does the partition of internal memory.. and hence we can convert phone storage into internal storage... I have tested this on micromax a89 only and it works like charm can be used for other mediatek phones..anyways so what you need is a rooted phone off course and any custom recovery installed on your phone.. backup using custom recovery before trying...otherwise you will loose all data.. I was using TWRP so I will write according to options in that recovery.. after backing up using recovery reboot and install the tool link given below... grant super user permissions... and a simple menu will come up showing the mem sizes choose any size below 2GB I chose 1GB and kept rest 1GB for phone.. u can choose whatever pleases u.(choosing 500MB will be waste as we already have that much internal space). After that reboot in recovery and wipe data/factory reset remember this is important otherwise your phone will end in boot loop..
In TWRP first wipe internal storage then do factory reset..after resetting using recovery.. and you will see your increased phone storage...
REMEMBER:You can restore your backup using recovery but be sure that backup of phone storage will be smaller than ur new phone storage... and restoring won't affect your new partition size..
Download link:http://www.4shared.com/android/E1DrK...tition_EN.html

Credits:http://gt35pro-mobile-gadgets.blogspot.com

If you find this useful hit Thanks
this already done by dan.man Devs of Lewa Os check his posts or sign. as well for find it btwn blogs lonks posting here is not allowed u banned permanently be careful buddy

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes