FORUMS

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more

Device Review: No.1 X1 Rugged Smartphone

We are almost at the end of Q2 for 2015, and we have seen most of the flagship phones for the … more

When a Friend or Family Member Asks for a Phone Recommendation, What Do You Tell Them?

The majority of us here at XDA would consider … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

APK-Fire - tool to add language from 1 rom's apk files to an other

25th March 2012, 11:24 PM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Hi,

After flashing a custom rom I noticed that rom didn't have my language, so I wanted to add it to this custom rom.

After a great and long journey and thx to the info found on this forum I managed to add the language I wanted.

During the journey I started to write a small tool to make the whole process a bit less painful. The tool has been growing from as simple batch decomiple - recompile apk tool to 1 that adds the value folders and do the resources.arsc switch thing.

This is my 1ste release and is still a beta version so still has some errors, stuff to be added and bad code. But still I hope some of you can use it.

If you got any questions just post or pm

Greetings

Installing the tool.

Just extract all files to your root folder and run the ignite script as root. That's it.
There is a help option that guide you step by step.

EDIT: Small adjustment in the language lists and added the Custom_language_list option
EDIT: Like I said tool is still in beta stage, it seems that yesterday in my hurry to get it ready I screwed up big time (like command to make a cp without telling where to copy to) anyway already beta version 1.1 is out now

UPDATE: 1ste real release out now.
Killed some more bugs
Updated the help page
Added some layout editing
Added or updated the log handeling
Attached Files
File Type: gz APK-Fire.tar.gz - [Click for QR Code] (4.57 MB, 8377 views)
Last edited by Cosmoon; 29th March 2012 at 09:22 PM.
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Cosmoon For This Useful Post: [ View ]

26th March 2012, 12:00 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
how can i insert pt language on last jaggyrom for htc explorer ?
26th March 2012, 03:23 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I would appreciate if u created a 'How To' for Super Noobs like me ...
26th March 2012, 04:46 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Red face a windows version
If there is a windows version,it will be more appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to picodaren For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2012, 11:24 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bascro

I would appreciate if u created a 'How To' for Super Noobs like me ...

There is a help function in the tool that guide through most of the steps from the moment you got your hands on tha apk files.

So now the question is how to get those apk files.
Well I like to use Android-Kitchen to unpack rom's, and you'll need that tool anyway to add the new apk files to the rom.

1. Decompile the rom containing the language you want. (Can be stock-rom, your original rom, other custom,...)
2. Copy all the apk files from the systeml/app folder to the stock_APK.
3.Copy the framework-res.apk and com.htc.resources.apk from the system/framework folder to flare/framework and the stock_APK folders

The rest of the how you'll find when you start APK-Fire and use option 'h'

Note: Not all of the apk file will decompile without errors, those that give errors (like market, street, superuser,...) you don't realy need to add language so just delete those apk's from the stock_APK and the decompiled_APK folders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrofidalgo

how can i insert pt language on last jaggyrom for htc explorer ?

To add portugees you can choose to add all the languages from the South_West_Europe list.

or

you put pt and pt-rPT (each on a diff line) to the Custom_language_list.

then follow the steps you'll find in help option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by picodaren

If there is a windows version,it will be more appreciated.

There is a windows version called APK Edit

Only prob here is that you have to open the apk that has the wanted language, copy those folders, open the apk from the rom where you want to add the language to and repeat this process for all the apk files 1 by 1.

If you take this road plz let me know how long it took yah
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cosmoon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2012, 01:28 PM |#6  

More
i have jaggy rom. and a backup of my stock rom in Portuguese. can i install pt language on jaggy rom ?

Need a little help .. : p
26th March 2012, 03:07 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:

i have jaggy rom. and a backup of my stock rom in Portuguese. can i install pt language on jaggy rom ?

Need a little help .. : p

sure you can.

Step trough:

1 Set-up Android-kitchen

2 Decompile your stock rom

3 copy the content of the system/apk folder to the APK-Fire/stock_APK

4 copy the 2 apk files from system/framework to APK-Fire/stock_APK AND APK-Fire/flare/framework

5 Start APK-Fire and install the frameworks (option 1)

6 Decompile the apk files (option 2)

7 Add the language code to the Custom_language_list each language code get's it's own line. (you find this file in the APK-Fire/lighter folder) for portugees you add something like this:

pt
pt-rPT

8 Get the value folders containing the portugees language (option 4)

9 Now you can choose to back up the stock_apk and the decompiled_apk folders (option 6 / 1) or delete the content of those 2 folders.

10 Got back to the kitchen and decompile the Jaggyrom and repeat the steps 2 till 6 as before.

11 Now copy the value folders you took from the stock rom to the jaggyrom (option 5)

12 Recompile the apk files (option 3)
(check log for errors, warnings you could ignore but errors need attention, be aware that non stock apps mostly will give errors but those also don't need additional language)

13 Do the resources.arsc switch thing to fool the signature security (option 6)
(for more info what this is all about read the switch_resources script)

14 Copy your upgraded apk files from the APK-Fire/firebox/translated_APK folder to the Android-kitchen/WORKING_****/system/app (don't forget to copy the 2 framework apk files to the Android-kitchen/WORKING_****/system/framework folder and not the app folder)

15 Cook your rom

16 Flash the rom

17 Hold your fingers crossed while booting

18 Hopely enjoy the costum rom in your desired language.

Hope this helps you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cosmoon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2012, 03:19 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmoon

sure you can.

Step trough:

1 Set-up Android-kitchen

2 Decompile your stock rom

3 copy the content of the system/apk folder to the APK-Fire/stock_APK

4 copy the 2 apk files from system/framework to APK-Fire/stock_APK AND APK-Fire/flare/framework

5 Start APK-Fire and install the frameworks (option 1)

6 Decompile the apk files (option 2)

7 Add the language code to the Custom_language_list each language code get's it's own line. (you find this file in the APK-Fire/lighter folder) for portugees you add something like this:

pt
pt-rPT

8 Get the value folders containing the portugees language (option 4)

9 Now you can choose to back up the stock_apk and the decompiled_apk folders (option 6 / 1) or delete the content of those 2 folders.

10 Got back to the kitchen and decompile the Jaggyrom and repeat the steps 2 till 6 as before.

11 Now copy the value folders you took from the stock rom to the jaggyrom (option 5)

12 Recompile the apk files (option 3)
(check log for errors, warnings you could ignore but errors need attention, be aware that non stock apps mostly will give errors but those also don't need additional language)

13 Do the resources.arsc switch thing to fool the signature security (option 6)
(for more info what this is all about read the switch_resources script)

14 Copy your upgraded apk files from the APK-Fire/firebox/translated_APK folder to the Android-kitchen/WORKING_****/system/app (don't forget to copy the 2 framework apk files to the Android-kitchen/WORKING_****/system/framework folder and not the app folder)

15 Cook your rom

16 Flash the rom

17 Hold your fingers crossed while booting

18 Hopely enjoy the costum rom in your desired language.

Hope this helps you.

i dont know how to do it :/

if i give you my backup can you add pt language for the last jaggyrom ?

cumps
26th March 2012, 05:23 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
really??

I've already robbed the experience from you of wandering through the jungle of this mystic entity called Android by making the wandering seem nothing more then a walk through the park.

And now you tell me you don't want to know this mystic entity?

Nah I don't buy that, you almost got me there.

I'm willing to guide you through every step but I refuse to carry you.
If you'r on IRC or msn or I can meet you there to start your journey.

Btw at the current rate Jaggyjags is spitting out rom's I can't keep up adding stuff for everyone so I go by the rule:

You translate 1 version of a rom for a man and you made him happy till the release of the next version. You teach a man how to translate a rom and you made him happy for many versions
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cosmoon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2012, 05:50 PM |#10  
Flag Murcia
Thanks Meter: 2,079

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

i dont know how to do it :/

if i give you my backup can you add pt language for the last jaggyrom ?

cumps

seriously, I know you like your phone and want get the best out of it but your maximum effort is installing .zip roms or .zip updates?

you've got 2 options.

1. Stick with whatever you have right now: your Portuguese backup or any available custom rom.

2. research, research again, try things out and learn. Try to stop asking people to do things for you. It's difficult, I know, specially when you are used to it, but donīt worry, it always is.

Believe me, it is a really nice feeling when you get things done on your own.

good luck
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apk decompile, apk editing, language, tool
Previous Thread Next Thread