Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Google Adds New Features to Drive, Sheets, Slides and Docs

In the last few months, Google has been working very hard to adapt all its apps to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

How to increase your internal memory partition on your micromax a89

OP shahharis

19th April 2013, 03:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Srinagar
Thanks Meter: 12

52 posts
More
This is the topic on how we can increase the internal storage of our phone which is actually 503 MB only but as we all know that our phone storage is around almost 2GB user available.. which is kind of waste for the people with mem card.. so there is a tool available online which does the partition of internal memory.. and hence we can convert phone storage into internal storage... I have tested this on micromax a89 only and it works like charm can be used for other mediatek phones..anyways so what you need is a rooted phone off course and any custom recovery installed on your phone.. backup using custom recovery before trying...otherwise you will loose all data.. I was using TWRP so I will write according to options in that recovery.. after backing up using recovery reboot and install the tool link given below... grant super user permissions... and a simple menu will come up showing the mem sizes choose any size below 2GB I chose 1GB and kept rest 1GB for phone.. u can choose whatever pleases u.(choosing 500MB will be waste as we already have that much internal space). After that reboot in recovery and wipe data/factory reset remember this is important otherwise your phone will end in boot loop..
In TWRP first wipe internal storage then do factory reset..after resetting using recovery.. and you will see your increased phone storage...
REMEMBER:You can restore your backup using recovery but be sure that backup of phone storage will be smaller than ur new phone storage... and restoring won't affect your new partition size..
Download link:http://www.4shared.com/android/E1DrK...tition_EN.html

Credits:http://gt35pro-mobile-gadgets.blogspot.com

If you find this useful hit Thanks
Last edited by shahharis; 19th April 2013 at 04:11 AM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to shahharis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2013, 03:44 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Batcave
Thanks Meter: 4,773

3,628 posts
More
Share the tool, even its name or link

Not just a news that it works
19th April 2013, 03:45 AM   |  #3  

50 posts
More
Please post a link or proof or something for us all to see

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
19th April 2013, 04:07 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Srinagar

52 posts
More
Screenshots taken from mmx a89
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1366337169476.jpg
Views:	6936
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	1894235   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1366337196601.jpg
Views:	6073
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1894236   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1366337210721.jpg
Views:	5589
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	1894237   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1366337224090.jpg
Views:	5543
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	1894238  
19th April 2013, 04:12 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Srinagar

52 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMan0nCampus

Please post a link or proof or something for us all to see

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

You got your proof..
19th April 2013, 04:12 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Srinagar

52 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamareebjamal

Share the tool, even its name or link

Not just a news that it works

I already did that
19th April 2013, 05:33 PM   |  #7  

80 posts
Could it work on lg optimus p920 thank you :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda app-developers app
19th April 2013, 06:19 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag Srinagar

52 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by medohatem

Could it work on lg optimus p920 thank you :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda app-developers app

Its only for phones having mediatek processors.. try searching Google may be you will find something there !
24th April 2013, 06:27 AM   |  #9  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 65

194 posts
More
Thnx A Lot!! It Worked Very well On My A89 i chose 1gb option.. and i got 0.98gb internal total space and 1.58gb phone storage
24th April 2013, 10:13 PM   |  #10  
Flag JAMNAGAR
Thanks Meter: 458

589 posts
More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahharis

This is the topic on how we can increase the internal storage of our phone which is actually 503 MB only but as we all know that our phone storage is around almost 2GB user available.. which is kind of waste for the people with mem card.. so there is a tool available online which does the partition of internal memory.. and hence we can convert phone storage into internal storage... I have tested this on micromax a89 only and it works like charm can be used for other mediatek phones..anyways so what you need is a rooted phone off course and any custom recovery installed on your phone.. backup using custom recovery before trying...otherwise you will loose all data.. I was using TWRP so I will write according to options in that recovery.. after backing up using recovery reboot and install the tool link given below... grant super user permissions... and a simple menu will come up showing the mem sizes choose any size below 2GB I chose 1GB and kept rest 1GB for phone.. u can choose whatever pleases u.(choosing 500MB will be waste as we already have that much internal space). After that reboot in recovery and wipe data/factory reset remember this is important otherwise your phone will end in boot loop..
In TWRP first wipe internal storage then do factory reset..after resetting using recovery.. and you will see your increased phone storage...
REMEMBER:You can restore your backup using recovery but be sure that backup of phone storage will be smaller than ur new phone storage... and restoring won't affect your new partition size..
Download link:http://www.4shared.com/android/E1DrK...tition_EN.html

Credits:http://gt35pro-mobile-gadgets.blogspot.com

If you find this useful hit Thanks

this already done by dan.man Devs of Lewa Os check his posts or sign. as well for find it btwn blogs lonks posting here is not allowed u banned permanently be careful buddy

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread