blazzerIRS : IRS - Dolby, Cyberlink - Viper4Android [UPDATED@2016_02_13]

Search This thread

blazzer12

Jun 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018)
blazzer_IRS : Dolby, Cyberlink Impulse Response Samples

Convolution and Impulse Responses
Convolution is the process where a single sample of a sound is multiplied by every sample of another sound. It is different from the plain multiplication of two sounds where a single sample of the first sound is multiplied by the corresponding single sample of a second sound.

Impulse Responses or IRs are captured by recording how a space responds to a full range of frequencies (typically 20Hz to 20,000Hz). This is achieved by playing back a burst (impulse) of a full range of frequencies within the space and recording it. For more accurate results it is common to use a sine-sweep across the audible frequency range. The recorded IR is nothing more an audio file that can be imported into a convolution software to recreate the sampled space digitally and finally export to WAV or IRS.

@BSDgeek_Jake (Thank you!)

-------------MEGA BLAZZER IRS PACK-------------

Cyberlink Headphone
Cyberlink Virtual Speaker

DOLBY Headphone
DOLBY Virtual Speaker

Modes : LOG* - Logarithmic, LIN - Linear
*recommended

Bit Depth : 32
Frequency Response : 5Hz - 22050Hz​

How to use IRS :

Android - Viper Audio, Wavelet
Windows - foobar, ffdshow (get klite codec pack), viper audio
Linux - Easy Effects

For more info like how to use IRS in viper audio : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

NOTE : No mirrors please. If you want to link, link to this post! :cowboy:

Edit

2021-08-26: Updated Google Drive Links. No update in the content itself.

Last edited:

blazzer12

Jun 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018)
@blazzer12 are these irs single core cpu friendly?

I don't know the criteria that makes them single core CPU friendly. But they do work on one! I have a WT19i which is single core and they work fine.

Also note that the IRS are less than 1 second in length as recommended for V4A which is for Single Core CPUs.

They are normally in WAV extension. Make sure their duration are not too long, preferably less than 1 second for V4A and less than 5 seconds for V4W.

http://vipersaudio.com/blog/?page_id=91

If you do know any resource that deals with aforementioned issue please provide link!

Also give feedback! :)

blazzer12

Jun 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018)
The Dolby irs sound has too low of a volume to really get the effect. The Cyberlink irs files sound good but could also use an increase in volume but so far those irs files sound really good. This is based on listening to music via headphones.

Actually the IRS should be normalized, which I didn't do (to keep it untouched). Will upload two variations soon!

gimpy1

Sep 1, 2013
Flagstaff
I dl'd the file but can not extract it via Root Explorer. How do I go about extracting the irs files to put in the convolver? Thx.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mar 20, 2012
Actually the IRS should be normalized, which I didn't do (to keep it untouched). Will upload two variations soon!

Mine is the opposite. I have no issues with volume as I've needed to lower my gain to - 20 dba with few others. I really like cyberlink as it is fuller compared to Dolby. I hear very little difference between 1,2,3 versions for Dolby and can't figure out exactly what the difference is. Cyber link, the difference is noticeable. Thank you for this. Very clean sounds with negligible hiss!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Last edited:

blazzer12

Jun 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018)
Mine is the opposite. I have no issues with volume as I've needed to lower my gain to - 20 dba with few others. I really like cyberlink as it is fuller compared to Dolby. I hear very little difference between 1,2,3 versions for Dolby and can't figure out exactly what the difference is. Cyber link, the difference is noticeable. Thank you for this. Very clean sounds with negligible hiss!

>I hear very little difference between 1,2,3 versions for Dolby and can't figure out exactly what the difference is.

Each increment in mode is supposed to give a wider (surround) experience. By my observation it's more pronounced in the normalized IRS.

blazzer12

Jun 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018)
Reactions: mrrocketdog

gimpy1

Sep 1, 2013
Flagstaff
Thx, I do everything in the phone, hardly ever use the computer now. I will look at AZarchiver.
Thx

gimpy1

Sep 1, 2013
Flagstaff
I finally got them extracted, but they are wav files. I thought they had to be irs to work with the convolver in V4A? What am I missing?
Thx

Mar 20, 2012
all i have to say is keep up the good work :) been wondering if anyone was going to make new irs for viper. the dolby sounds great

Ditto. Which one are you using? I've been experimenting with various ones and settled on Dolby_HP_Normalized (3).

By the way, anyone know if these are in 32 bit quality?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    blazzer_IRS : Dolby, Cyberlink Impulse Response Samples

Convolution and Impulse Responses
    Convolution is the process where a single sample of a sound is multiplied by every sample of another sound. It is different from the plain multiplication of two sounds where a single sample of the first sound is multiplied by the corresponding single sample of a second sound.

Impulse Responses or IRs are captured by recording how a space responds to a full range of frequencies (typically 20Hz to 20,000Hz). This is achieved by playing back a burst (impulse) of a full range of frequencies within the space and recording it. For more accurate results it is common to use a sine-sweep across the audible frequency range. The recorded IR is nothing more an audio file that can be imported into a convolution software to recreate the sampled space digitally and finally export to WAV or IRS.

@BSDgeek_Jake (Thank you!)

-------------MEGA BLAZZER IRS PACK-------------

Cyberlink Headphone
    Cyberlink Virtual Speaker

DOLBY Headphone
    DOLBY Virtual Speaker

Modes : LOG* - Logarithmic, LIN - Linear
    *recommended

Bit Depth : 32
    Frequency Response : 5Hz - 22050Hz​

How to use IRS :

Android - Viper Audio, Wavelet
    Windows - foobar, ffdshow (get klite codec pack), viper audio
    Linux - Easy Effects

For more info like how to use IRS in viper audio : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

NOTE : No mirrors please. If you want to link, link to this post! :cowboy:

Edit

2021-08-26: Updated Google Drive Links. No update in the content itself.
    changelog and explanation of files ?
    Will update with change log and recommended usage real soon.
    The Dolby irs sound has too low of a volume to really get the effect. The Cyberlink irs files sound good but could also use an increase in volume but so far those irs files sound really good. This is based on listening to music via headphones.

@blazzer12 are these irs single core cpu friendly?

I don't know the criteria that makes them single core CPU friendly. But they do work on one! I have a WT19i which is single core and they work fine.

Also note that the IRS are less than 1 second in length as recommended for V4A which is for Single Core CPUs.

They are normally in WAV extension. Make sure their duration are not too long, preferably less than 1 second for V4A and less than 5 seconds for V4W.

http://vipersaudio.com/blog/?page_id=91

If you do know any resource that deals with aforementioned issue please provide link!

Also give feedback! :)
    Yes they are. Check for "NORMALIZED" in the IRS name.

Actually, the ones that are now in the OP are version 2, much more detail. So if you have a really nice headphone, just go with ones that are not normalized. If you are trying to get some good sound out of average or below average equipment try normalized ones. I think the CYBERLINK normalized IRS (for headphones) are a bit too impactful so be mindful of the volume. :eek: If you are using speakers, just go with normalized.

Have these just been updated