FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

V3.90 Debloater(Lets remove all that carrier bloat !! Root not required..)

1,799 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,864

Post Reply Email Thread
Debloater by Gatesjunior

Disclaimer:
I nor XDA are responsible for anything that you choose to do with this program to your device or others. Modifying my code or redistributing it is not allowed without prior approval from me. Yes, that includes Kanging it, I will be able to tell. Neither is trying to use any of my code to create an apk file with my code logic allowed without prior approval from me.

Donations:
"If this application helps you out, please consider a small monetary donation to further improve development of this application. You can Donate by clicking the "Donate to Me" button on your left, underneath my Profile picture.

Background:
So after many times of going back and forth blocking / disabling apps on my devices through the command line and or shell, I decided to write a program to make this all much easier for myself. Well, after I got it all finally running and doing what I wanted, for each particular device I own, I decided that his was a pretty nice program and I wanted to share it with the community. After all, this community is where I started and learned a lot of the things I know today. So why not share with my family of Android enthusiasts.

Requirements:What does it do?: What audience of device does it support?:Program Functionality:Sharing your blocked list or re-import it to your device:http://rootjunkysdl.com/files/?dir=Gates/DeBloater
Mirror: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...int=file%2cexe

Upgrade Install: (Just replace debloater.exe in your "C:Program Files (x86)DebloaterDebloater" folder)
Download link: http://rootjunkysdl.com/files/?dir=Gates/DeBloater
Mirror: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...int=file%2czip

OSX Version (dmg file): Thank @eyekyu for the port over with Wineskin..
Download link: http://rootjunkysdl.com/files/?dir=Gates/DeBloater
Mirror: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...a6dbc737%21831

My Blocked List for KK Note 4: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B31...ew?usp=sharing

Video by our own RootJunky:

Credits:

RootJunky - For finding the original KitKat weakness
Misterxtc - For all of his hard work already on helping people with a script process for this purpose
Er. Aditya - For testing with me and going back and forth with builds to finally resolve the no packages issue

XDA:DevDB Information
Debloater, Tool/Utility for the Android General

Contributors
gatesjunior

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.85
Stable Release Date: 2015-02-07

Created 2015-02-07
Last Updated 2015-05-24
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	main.png
Views:	201970
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	3107129   Click image for larger version

Name:	main2.png
Views:	207228
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	3107130   Click image for larger version

Name:	main3.png
Views:	200122
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	3107131   Click image for larger version

Name:	main4.png
Views:	191596
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	3107132   Click image for larger version

Name:	main5.png
Views:	182680
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	3107133   Click image for larger version

Name:	message.png
Views:	199522
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	3107134   Click image for larger version

Name:	filter1.png
Views:	172880
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	3107196   Click image for larger version

Name:	filter2.png
Views:	173018
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	3107197   Click image for larger version

Name:	WarningRoot.png
Views:	170220
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	3118822  
The Following 446 Users Say Thank You to gatesjunior For This Useful Post: [ View ]

10th January 2015, 01:14 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Michigan

Donate to Me
More
Change Log:
01/09/2015: Initial Release

01/10/2015: Updated the handling of application filtering determining what is disabled / blocked

01/11/2015: Updated application (v2.1) to hopefully help address the local Administrator issues

01/12/2015: Major update v2.8 (Fixes all the users not being able to see packages - Xposed Framework fix)

1/13/2015: (v2.9) Fixed an issue with an Out of Bounds Exception in certain cases.

1/15/2015: (v2.10) Complete rewrite of the filter engine, all interactive and immediate now. Also some cleanup.

1/16/2015: (v3.0) Root mode added with ability to completely remove application(s), with backup feature.

1/17/2015: (V3.1) Added new intro screen as well as import blocked list functionality.

1/18/2015: (V3.2) Added some hover helper text. If you hover over a major item it will display helper text.

1/19/2015: (V3.3) Fixed some more Xposed framework issues that would impact rooted users and removing packages as well as fixed some import logic to make it more reliable and optimized.

1/23/2015: (V3.4) Major update and bug fixes as follows:

•Interactive search now also supports searching through the package name(s) as well as the apk file(s)
•Bugs related to duplicate entries showing up when you Read Device Packages multiple times with filter on and off are fixed. This could have caused issues with some users saying it will not remove something.
•Blocking mode fully supported on 4.4.x, found a major bug that was preventing this with rooted devices
•APK file backups now include Odex files if they exist with the APK
•Remove option now completely removes both apk and odex, so yes, previous builds would have left the odex files behind. They will not hurt anything, but take up space. I will release a quick fix for the cleanup of those soon, if you cannot do it yourself.
•Buttons appearing where they should not at times with filter is fixed
•If you have disabled something on the phone itself or in a script, and are rooted, the program will not care any longer and will unblock them anyway.

(1/31/2015: (V3.5) Major logic update. I think I finally put a nail in the coffin with the Xposed Framework issues and removing applications. Also added the functionality where once you import a blocked list all the items will turn red for the changes it has made.

(2/6/2015): V3.6 Quite a few additional options. Including the following:
Ability to only show blocked packages, unblocked packages and all packages. (Just right click on either Read Device Packages button or Apply button after initial package listing is displayed.)
Ability to right click now on not only the Read Device Packages button, but also the Apply button.
Ability to import unblocked listing (Yes, changes will be made red to identify what would be unblocked before Applying)
Ability to sort by either APK Filename or Package Name and be able to sort in either Ascending order or Descending order in each area.
Complete removal of all associated data and folders that pertains to a package if the Remove option is selected (Root Mode only)

(2/7/2015): V3.7 Added a checkbox identifier on Display mode to let users know which Display Mode they are in currently.
------ (Fix was placed into this build later that fixes the UnBlock All Packages button bug..)

(3/28/2015): V3.8 Added Lollipop support for rooted / non-rooted users. It will now support hiding the packages, if you are rooted it will disable them instead. Also, you will notice if you right click on the Read Device Packages after it loads there is also a Backup / Restore menu option. Do not use those yet, I am still working on them.

(4/4/2015): V3.85 Fixed issue with base.apk flags being read incorrectly from device. Logic issue.

(4/12/2015): Updated a logic issue in the detection of the device and it's abilities. Same release number, v3.85

(5/24/2015): Fixed an issue during import of a blocked list that would flag all "base.apk" files..
The Following 72 Users Say Thank You to gatesjunior For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th January 2015, 01:14 AM |#3  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Michigan

Donate to Me
More
Hold
For me..
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to gatesjunior For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th January 2015, 02:09 AM |#5  
Flag Louisville, KY
Thanks Meter: 38

More
I can't wait to give this a run.
The Following User Says Thank You to vwpiper For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vwpiper Ad-Free
10th January 2015, 03:28 AM |#6  
Flag Southwestern Washington
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Well be getting a note edge soon for testing, and looking forward to giving this a shot.
10th January 2015, 02:33 PM |#7  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Michigan

Donate to Me
More
OP updated now with Video..
The Following User Says Thank You to gatesjunior For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th January 2015, 03:27 PM |#8  
Tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Great application but not working on my Droid Razr M (XT907) with latest OTA firmware on it.
Pressing "Read Device Packages" and nothing comes up.
10th January 2015, 03:59 PM |#9  
Flag Waterloo
Thanks Meter: 40

Donate to Me
More
Just tried it on my AT&T Note 4. It seemed to work, great job and thanks for building this app.
10th January 2015, 04:29 PM |#10  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Michigan

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rtli

Great application but not working on my Droid Razr M (XT907) with latest OTA firmware on it.
Pressing "Read Device Packages" and nothing comes up.

Try this one and let me know:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B31...ew?usp=sharing
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gatesjunior For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th January 2015, 04:31 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Great idea. Tried it with my ASUS MeMO Pad 8 (ME581CL) but after "Read Device Packages" nothing happens
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)